PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Simple backup software?

I am looking for a baclkup software that does a few specific things...

1: I, of course, want it to backup all the installed apps, all the registration info for the apps, all the email aettings, all the WiFi settings, and pretty much everything.
2: I want it to be a self executing backup file. And I want it to require no user interaction to restore, other than a tap on the backup file. I don't want any "are you sure" or "select which components to restore" or anything else. I just want to tap it once and it does the rest.

What I am trying to do here is I want to cook my own totally naked ROM. I then want to install all my apps, register and activate all my commercial apps, get my email set up, get my WiFi set up, have all my favorites, and get the ROM totally set up for everyday use. I then want to make a self executing backup file, and cook it into the ROM. and I want this self executing backup to run during the user customizations after a hard reset. So that way I can hard reset and my phone will be totally, 100% ready to go.

Anyone know of a good backup program that I can use for this? Commercial is fine, I don't mind paying.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Simple backup software?

Have a look at SPB backup. I think that will do all the things you requested.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Have a look at SPB backup. I think that will do all the things you requested.
Will it do it without me having to tell it to though? Or, for example, if I try to restore, will it start asking me what I want to restore and all that kind of stuff?

I'm hoping to find one that once the backup file is run, it automatically restores everything. That way I can cook it into a ROM and have all my stuff automatically restored after every hard reset.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

SPB back up has tons of options.

You can choose FULL Back up and FULL Restore.

Or you can customize what you want to Back up or Restore.

It even has a scheduled back up. Set the time and date you desire and presto.

Been usinig it for years now.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
SPB back up has tons of options.

You can choose FULL Back up and FULL Restore.

Or you can customize what you want to Back up or Restore.

It even has a scheduled back up. Set the time and date you desire and presto.

Been usinig it for years now.
So yeah, what I'm trying to do is make a backup file that will automatically restore after a hard reset. I am planning to somehow cook it into the ROM and make it execute the restore instead of the regular customizations. But I don't know if that can be done if you have a bunch of options. I think it's probably possible to execute the restore program, but selecting all the options in the the restore, hitting next, confirming that's what you want to do, etc, I don't think I can make it do all of that during the customizations (and I wouldn't want it to anyway). I just want a backup file that if I tap it once it automatically does a full restore, without me having to choose any options or confirm it or anything.

Is there a way to make SPB do that?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I can't imagine ANY BU program doing what you're asking. SPB always asks for confirmation. So does Sprite & Resco.

I'm sure they do that in case you clicked the .exe file by accident...........

~John
Old 02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

By the way, here are some testing results I had recently:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56452

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
By the way, here are some testing results I had recently:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56452

~John
Thanks for the link. I just read the whole thread and there is some interesting information there. I guess I just figured all the backup programs were pretty reliable. I guess I was wrong...
Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

SPB Clone ($299)... 'nuff said.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
SPB Clone ($299)... 'nuff said.
I've never even heard of SPB Clone. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip. It requires no user interaction? Woah, $300? That is pretty expensive...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software