PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Anybody knowledgeable enough to start new thread
"How to customize your device core." ?
If NFSFAN did it,that means everybody can do it.Whats the point of jumping from build to build if the speed depends on core?
Im really want to learn this s***t.
what? link?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Yes, link please.

If you are being thrown by the 'optimization' wording that people toss into their threads, its just repacking of executables, and generally only in the OEM portion of the rom. Its not modifying the 'core' as you say.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

If i'm not mistaken, JMZ did point out that replacing compime.dll from 21806 with an older compime.dll from a previous sys will resolve the touchpro hardware keyboard issues.

Has anyone tried that yet?

He confirmed that it solved the issue!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Yes, link please.

If you are being thrown by the 'optimization' wording that people toss into their threads, its just repacking of executables, and generally only in the OEM portion of the rom. Its not modifying the 'core' as you say.
dang,I thought everyone knew it....
here is a story:
BY TERMINE "SPEED" I mean:
imagine,how works wm6.1 cooked without anything.

now imagine wm6.5 LOADED with everything including tf2d,that works with the same speed as ultra clean wm6.1

any build (starting from 21289) any win. mo. and nobody knows why.I will post links in a few min.(mods may not like it(sorry)but I will...)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432487
check page238 too

ok,if you interested,check his ROMs pagepool :}
I tryed to use his dlls,reg entryes-not even close to that speed .
all i know-is he made a custom core and he is a single player,will not share anything.

Last edited by vin255764; 06-11-2009 at 05:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:19 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
If i'm not mistaken, JMZ did point out that replacing compime.dll from 21806 with an older compime.dll from a previous sys will resolve the touchpro hardware keyboard issues.

It was discussed a page or two back. However I haven't done that, and no negative reports with keyboard in my TP rom. It must be a combination of compime.dll and another oem, reg, or dll that I don't have in my kitchen.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i900 Omnia
Carrier: m:ts

dddrko is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post

I've haved issues with software keyboards on Omnia. This fix helped me
Old 06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
here is a story:

now imagine wm6.5 LOADED with everything including tf2d,that works with the same speed as ultra clean wm6.1

any build (starting from 21289) any win. mo. and nobody knows why.I will post links in a few min.(mods may not like it(sorry)but I will...)
Awaiting patiently.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138

Quote:
here is a story:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=432487
check page238 too

ok,if you interested,check his ROMs pagepool :}
I tryed to use his dlls,reg entryes-not even close to that speed .
all i know-is he made a custom core and he is a single player,will not share anything.
He mentions removing spinlock from kernel in his 6.5 rom... I assume he is talking about nueSpinLockPatcher. I have been running nueSpinLockPatcher on my XIP and OEM drivers fro a few weeks now. Seems to make for a snappier rom although it could be just me .... I have not done any benchmarking or anything like that....

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081
Old 06-11-2009, 06:47 PM
The Pusher

Must be an HTC thing. We don't use such things with the Omnia, and Ive yet to find a way to adjust pagepool with our kitchen. Its kind of archaic, but does the job.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:48 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Must be an HTC thing. We don't use such things with the Omnia, and Ive yet to find a way to adjust pagepool with our kitchen. Its kind of archaic, but does the job.
You can adjust PP when you port your XIP, if you use XIPPorterEX.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software