PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Gene
Carrier: BPL

ankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularankit360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

can anybody give me good fonts for Chome default fontn is ugly

also tell me how to change Chome fonts
Old 07-11-2009, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

@ankit: Jyot, back at Gene forum on XDA has done a ROM with a good font, the black edition i think. You can PM him too.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: eten m700
Carrier: at&t

ahmedfikry is becoming a great contributor

hello everyone

i hope someone can give me advice about this:

i am trying to organize my start menu as i cook a rom .. i am am trying to create 2 new folder (internet & connections) then move some applications inside them or inside other existing folder

i edited initflashfiles.dat using SuperEdi.exe tool & successfuly created the 2 new folder
then i had to edit "mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml" in Base_Lang_0409 to assign icons to the moved applications (as once i move them i get the old ugly ones) and again was successful in getting them to look better

the only thing that i am still unable to do is to assign icons to the new folder (they appear as ugly yellow old look... i try to edit the "mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml" in Base_Lang_0409 again by adding:

</characteristic>
<characteristic type="Internet">
<parm name="Group" value="1" datatype="boolean" />
<parm name="Rank" value="800006999" datatype="integer" />
<parm name="Icon" value="\Windows\Internet.png" datatype="string" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="Connections">
<parm name="Group" value="1" datatype="boolean" />
<parm name="Rank" value="800007999" datatype="integer" />
<parm name="Icon" value="\Windows\Connections.png" datatype="string" />
</characteristic>

and of course i did add .png icons with these names to Base_DPI_96

but once i add those lines above..ALL icons & folders gets messed up...any idea how can i do this whie cooking...thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

I would recommend to do it using .rgu/.reg files. I also tried editing this file, i donno what, but some mistake here caused the whole settings menu to show old oversized icons. I did that with the help of a .reg file (mine is a platform rebuilder based kitchen so it doesn't uses the rgu files) and it worked just fine.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chump View Post
has anybody tried windows media player? try playing a song and then change the volume.....your memory will probably go down to nothing lol. can some people here try it as well, im not the only one with this issue on xda.
mine used to do that till I found the right combination of media files for the SYS and DPI now the mem usage goes up a little bit and stays there it doesn't eat up all the memory anymore.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrorob View Post
ok, heres a question for everyone..
anyone having problems downloading files in internet explorer with 23004?
i cant download any files with it, but opera works fine.
also, ive noticed i cant pull up my history..
could it be a security issue?
I was able to save files from xda, but havent to have the open after download enabled, if not, i couldnt save it either.

I am sure there is something going on with this build.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Love; HTC Touch Diamond

Zecanilis is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecanilis View Post
Can someone help me here.
I'm back to cook, and now for my diamond.
I'm using build 23001 for starters and i got the thingy to boot.
First ROM all seemed ok, but then i've took lockscreen off and built another ROM and started with a problem with sms. I can't send SMS and if i receive one, can't see it or see my personal folders.
I had recmoded all browsing folders except Bowsing_Lang. Do you think if i recmod this one it whould go ok? Do you think i need to recmod even more files?
If i do G'reloc i get no errors at all!

Thanks
Any hints for me?
Thanks
Old 07-11-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecanilis View Post
Can someone help me here.
I'm back to cook, and now for my diamond.
I'm using build 23001 for starters and i got the thingy to boot.
First ROM all seemed ok, but then i've took lockscreen off and built another ROM and started with a problem with sms. I can't send SMS and if i receive one, can't see it or see my personal folders.
I had recmoded all browsing folders except Bowsing_Lang. Do you think if i recmod this one it whould go ok? Do you think i need to recmod even more files?
If i do G'reloc i get no errors at all!

Thanks
You only need to recmod browsingie and adobeflash. Everything else is not necessary. Also, you should switch from G'Reloc to WMReloc, it will give you way less problems (basically none that I have had). The SMS issue? I don't know, but I would guess its a problem with your ArcSoft OEM. Try an newer version?

Last edited by joojoobee666; 07-11-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G
At the request of NRG, i'm going to post 21921 for you guys shortly.. it has some number of UI changes throughout, it's interesting to look at The OS version is a little older, but I understand it's nearly up to date with COM3, the UI changes certainly make it worth a look
Brushing up on my C++ today.. some coding is in my future
Just an FYI for everyone, Da_G has posted 21921 over on xda -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G View Post
Here's 21921
http://rapidshare.com/files/25466142...92-480-640.rar
I didn't build a full kitchen around this one because with the UI code changes, there's a great chance of instability with 3rd party apps But i'm using it in my "Clean ROM" just fine
Old 07-12-2009, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

21921 isn't worth switching to....I'll just wait 2 more days for 23007

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software