PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Metro PCS

greatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatguy320 View Post
I tried the above method to use the 21882 Kernel files no go. Here is the error during the Building XIP. Halts the cooking process entirely. I dumped the RAW MSXIPkernel files into my 21882 XIP folder (I use kitchen unrared and no thats not my problem..)

Error:
Conversion from string "BuildOS" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

That was just copying all the inluded MSXIPKernel files from the 21882 source without creating FILES and MODULES folders.

Then made the folders and I tried copying the files to "FILES" and modules to "MODULES" it went a step further but then halted on this error. The source files are incomplete for us PPCkitchen users.

Error:
Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Normal\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPCk-BuildOS\1.0.0.0Temp\rom\Out\MODULES\busenum.dll.tx t'.

Any ideas, I want to figure this out I see Joo Joo just posted the manual downloads but I want to know how to do it for next early releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post
Conversion from string “BuildOS” to type ‘Integer’ is not valid.
Error, last status: “Deleting Temp…”
Ha, told you. I know how to mess with my kitchen so I knew I wasnt crazy! Thanks for confirming that Cac2us.. The problem you are now having is because of the XIP files.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Atom Life
Carrier: 3

abc001 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
PPCKitchen 1.0.0 files for 21882 for manual download. This should be on the updater later, so here's the goods for those that want to get a head start.

http://joojoobee666.ppckitchen.org/Kitchens/21882/

Enjoy.

UPDATE: They will not be on the updater until tomorrow, you know, family holiday stuff.
How can I removed the PDAVIET logo?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

When I look at SYS_21874_XIP.rar, I see 2 folders:
Files
Modules
Can anyone tell me what folders I will find the files to put in these folders?
I am using The PPCKitchen V1 (not the dev).
Trying to build 21882.

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned User

greatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargreatguy320 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
When I look at SYS_21874_XIP.rar, I see 2 folders:
Files
Modules
Can anyone tell me what folders I will find the files to put in these folders?
I am using The PPCKitchen V1 (not the dev).
Trying to build 21882.
I already tried using the missing files from another XIP. It builds but the XIP does not work.. So save your time and energy. The MSXIPkernel from the leaked 21882 build is incomplete. It may work fine for Visual Kitchen users but for us PPCk users its a no go. Or at least using the Titan files as the device XIP so to speak its a no go.. I doubt it would of passed testing by the ppckitchen guys unless it worked. But I think they overlooked some of the devices possibly.

If you do what I did and create a folder named FILES and place the 5 files that come with the raw 21822 xip dump in there and then create a folder named MODULES and put the included modules in there and RAR it up named SYS_21822_XIP.rar it will get past the Integer error and on to the next error. Which is that its missing the .txt files. Read my posts! Let me know what happened. I bet the same thing.. Someone help us out. I am in the process of trying to get the full xip.bin from that build. If I get it I will post functioning XIP files.

Last edited by greatguy320; 11-26-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc001 View Post
How can I removed the PDAVIET logo?
Hex edit shellres.mui if you are talking about the logo in about screen.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Hex edit shellres.mui if you are talking about the logo in about screen.
Did you use PPCK?
Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Atom Life
Carrier: 3

abc001 is a n00b

Quote:
Did you use PPCK?
No.

I don't understand "shellres.mui". Do you mean shellres.dll or shellres.dll.409.mui?

I use the one (049.mui) from 21877---- it is also from PDAVIET!!!

Last edited by abc001; 11-26-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:46 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatguy320 View Post
I already tried using the missing files from another XIP. It builds but the XIP does not work.. So save your time and energy. The MSXIPkernel from the leaked 21882 build is incomplete. It may work fine for Visual Kitchen users but for us PPCk users its a no go. Or at least using the Titan files as the device XIP so to speak its a no go.. I doubt it would of passed testing by the ppckitchen guys unless it worked. But I think they overlooked some of the devices possibly...
Untrue. Look again at the files in the SYS_21882_xip.rar. Those are the raw MSXIPKernel files. The format that PPCk typically releases is just better for ppck, but not necessary. We went through a whole extra week of testing and programming to make sure that a raw MSXIPKernel structure was acceptable.

We will be posting a guide this weekend at ppckitchen.org on how to make a compatible xip file format for ppck.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 11-26-2009 at 12:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Untrue. Look again at the files in the SYS_21882_xip.rar. Those are the raw MSXIPKernel files. The format that PPCk typically releases is just better for ppck, but not necessary. We went through a whole extra week of testing and programming to make sure that a raw MSXIPKernel structure was acceptable.

We will be posting a guide this weekend at ppckitchen.org on how to make a compatible xip file format for ppck.
So do I have to reinstall PPCK and start fresh to avoid:
Conversion from string “BuildOS” to type ‘Integer’ is not valid.
What could be causing this?
Old 11-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Banned User

Quote:

Ok so me and Cac2us's XIP build errors with the RAW XIP files are just coincedence? He is using RARed kitchen format, I am using UnRARed format so we can rule that out.. I dont have to look at the files, I already know. Before even trying your early posted files I used the leaked version kernel files the same way. Then I tried adding missing files from 2 previous builds and still no go. The XIP gets built when I add the missing files (files, + imageinfo.txt + all the other .txt's) but will not boot the device. Also when I go to dump the unbootable finalized 21882 bin.out from the temp directory I get errors, cant dump, write maps, realloc p, nothing. All errors. Which explains why it doesnt boot.. With a succesfully ported XIP from another build I can dump it, and boot the device. I have tried everything, still waiting on a full xip.bin for manual porting. Can you please either send me a nuekernel Titan 21882.bin or cook a Titan ROM with 21882 XIP nuekernel. Then dump the out.bin and re-do the sys_21882_xip.rar? Would that work? Thanks for your replies but I am no dummie. I can successfully cook every other build even dumping my own XIPs and making RAW files for use in the new kitchen. Just stuck on this 21882 one.

Edit: And I used the updater again because it had some new PPC kitchen files even though the manual download index says 11/21 for the buildos.msi... I also got the updated Titan Core.. Still same ole XIP errors with 21882. Already described them in past couple posts of mine, no need to repeat myself.

Last edited by greatguy320; 11-26-2009 at 02:23 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software