PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq 910c
Carrier: Movistar

Actors is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
PPCKitchen files for 21859 for the PPCK devs out there. The DPI are the EXACT same rar's from my 21857 post, so if you already have those, reuse 'em. No need to download these. All the other standard notes apply.

The XIP rar contains XIPs for the Apache, Herman, Kaiser, Titan, Victor and Vogue. All are spinlock patched except for the Apache.

SYS_21859_Common

http://www.4shared.com/file/13540726...59_Common.html

SYS_21857_192DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/13399185...2DPI_0409.html

SYS_21857_96DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/13399215...6DPI_0409.html

Warning! If these files are used in any other kitchen other than PPCKitchen, please be sure that you fix the file attributes BEFORE or DURING cooking, otherwise problems will ensue (see FIX here).

Thanks to Miri for the goods!
This is the latest? the newest? the latest???
Old 09-25-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actors View Post
This is the latest? the newest? the latest???
This is the latest from the COM2 branch. So yes and no.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq 910c
Carrier: Movistar

Actors is a n00b

Quote:
This is the latest from the COM2 branch. So yes and no.
Thanks, JooJoo

and there is nothing new for today? They are being saved for October .... ;=)

23056 / 58 / 60 ;=)
Old 09-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Here's a Titan XIP for ya. Sorry I haven't had time to get 21859 PPCK ready.

As far as using a native kernel in PPCK, it's officially not supported, but can be done. It also varies on which version of PPCKitchen you are using (i.e. Release or Dev.) as to getting it to work. It does work with the Dev version quite easily, as long as you have WMReloc_6.5.exe doing the reallocation of the modules AND you specify the XIP as a WM6.5 XIP in the Device config file. (example: XipFilename=Herman,WM6.5_21859N,WM6.5,Herman65_218 59_xip.BIN).

Of course you will need the 6.5 native XIP (I have attached that as well). You will not need the boot.rgu. Also, you will need to use a different COMMON files other than what I normally post as those have a lot of modules recmodded for the NON native 6.5 kernels and you don't want to do that if you have a native 6.5 kernel. Within those common files, be sure to use the .ROM from a 6.5 build and also replace the .VM in the herman core with the one released with the Kernel from Da_G.

As far as that cpr not working goes, try looking at the one that came with the source SYS and comparing values. Some things change between builds and using an older one/newer one can cause that.

FYI to all other PPCK users, I hope to get some 21859 up later today.
Thank you very much for the XIP, and the files you got up, i think i use your common now instead... haha I don't trust my work to be the best quite yet.

Thanks for the kernal breakdown, takes some work ta get it goin', should probably just use a visual kitchen instead to do this eh?? Been tryin' to make the leap, just haven't the time to delve into correctly.

Darn cpr is buggin' me. small small issue, but annoyed the simple change of "FALSE" will not work. Makes me feel "derka derka dumb". Going to try n edit the cpr's outa 21857 instead of replacing with my pre-altered ones this time and see how that swings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdume View Post
JooJoo, thats my Titan VK and yes he is including it in his rom... But I don't think thats the problem, first you need to update your kitchen with the latest files, then you should start build with the bare minimum and gradually add more and more pakages and building in between to make sure your build is working. You could narrow it down to a problematic OEM or maby you are adding to much stuff? I'm not sure but thats what I would do, also I can give you an update kitchen I'll try and post it tonight on my original kitchen thread. One oter thing I was doing is cutting alot of the unnesary stuff out of the SYS folder cause I was finding the roms to be to big once I added my OEMs to it. Just wanted to give you a couple of tips
stripped the kitchen of everything except OEMdrivers and the ROM kitchen utility crashes (when platformrebuilder is trying to be ran). Aslo get "no 'SVN' folders present" after crashing commences. Is this something I am overlooking or because re-builder could not run properly (I am guessing). I believe it is solely due to my lack of knowledge with this VK because I attempted updating to the 1.8.1, however I am assuming my problems are due to my ignorance on the way the files work together. Thus updating: failure haha Await your kitchen update eagerly bro. Looking to get 21859 running VK stylee. Also quick explain neone of difference between running ervius regular, and clicking "old style" then running?
Old 09-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Here's a tested fully working 23414.VGA build ready for Visual Kitchen.

This build rocks, and has given me the most free memory on my VZW TP out of any build I have tested recently: 58MB free, and no leakage, with base OS loaded

Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?m32uv2whym2

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jimmur is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Here's a tested fully working 23414.VGA build ready for Visual Kitchen.

This build rocks, and has given me the most free memory on my VZW TP out of any build I have tested recently: 58MB free, and no leakage, with base OS loaded

Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?m32uv2whym2
Do you have a ROM you could post with this build for us non-chef's?

Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 08:22 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

@MassStash...

As far as the newer native 6.5 kernels and PPCK go, yes and no. I am STILL working out issues with my own kitchen based off of ervius visual. I started using it almost 3 months ago, and just yesterday got a few issues worked out that have been haunting me ever since. It is a lot more work than you realize...PPCK does a lot of things for you that you aren't even aware of. Overall, it's a wonderful kitchen to use to cook ROMS with little fanfare to complicate it.

As far as your ervius kitchen problem? You must have something whacked out with your pc, LOL. I can't think of anything else. I have not seen or heard of ANYONE else having the issies you are having . One suggestion I have is to try it in a Virtual PC. You can cook the ROM up in that and then move it out to flash.

FYI, I posted my W.I.P. Touch Pro kitchen a while back. What happens if you download this and run it?

http://www.4shared.com/file/13172398...hen_Files.html

Last edited by joojoobee666; 09-26-2009 at 09:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

For Titan users my updated kitchen is up, and also the OEMs for the new Mega M2D with flipping clock and weather on the home screen, if any one is interested. Just follow the link in my sig enjoy!
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
Old 09-26-2009, 09:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser
Carrier: Play

focus-pl is just getting started

Quote:
PPCKitchen files for 21859 for the PPCK devs out there. The DPI are the EXACT same rar's from my 21857 post, so if you already have those, reuse 'em. No need to download these. All the other standard notes apply.

The XIP rar contains XIPs for the Apache, Herman, Kaiser, Titan, Victor and Vogue. All are spinlock patched except for the Apache.

SYS_21859_Common

http://www.4shared.com/file/13540726...59_Common.html

SYS_21857_192DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/13399185...2DPI_0409.html

SYS_21857_96DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/13399215...6DPI_0409.html

Warning! If these files are used in any other kitchen other than PPCKitchen, please be sure that you fix the file attributes BEFORE or DURING cooking, otherwise problems will ensue (see FIX here).

Thanks to Miri for the goods!
Which files are responsible for sound, speaker, wmp etc? Sounds are not working in this sys with 0415 muis..
Old 09-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Exclamation Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmur View Post
Do you have a ROM you could post with this build for us non-chef's?

Thanks
I have one for the Touch Pro: it's plain vanilla and has NO customization, just base OS.

Once I get my kitchen and ROM tricked I may release for public, but it will be geared for Verizon/Touch Pro only (but of course my VK builds can be used for ALL VGA phones if you have OEMXIP for your phone)

Here's some screen's of the current ROM and a link to get it

http://www.mediafire.com/?zttmmdzztmk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23414.1.jpg (12.7 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 23414.2.jpg (14.0 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 23414.3.jpg (9.7 KB, 45 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software