PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

J0KER is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Any idea why it takes soooo long to boot? I see my bootloader for probably 3 mins each time I reset the device. Do you guys experience this as well? Or maybe I'm just using a bad XIP???
Old 02-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0KER View Post
Any idea why it takes soooo long to boot? I see my bootloader for probably 3 mins each time I reset the device. Do you guys experience this as well? Or maybe I'm just using a bad XIP???
Its still not the full version of 6.5 this is very beta, so lags, and errors will occur.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
Its still not the full version of 6.5 this is very beta, so lags, and errors will occur.
Um, ya, I get that... but this doesnt appear to have anything to do with the OS. Now, any constructive help?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0KER View Post
Um, ya, I get that... but this doesnt appear to have anything to do with the OS. Now, any constructive help?
Not sure why you come on here looking for help if you are just going to bash people for giving you an answer.

Seemed to me like a constructive answer... it is an incomplete, beta product. If you don't think it's the OS, or have some kind of theory, please share it... I'm sure the people working on this would love to hear what you have to say.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Not sure why you come on here looking for help if you are just going to bash people for giving you an answer.

Seemed to me like a constructive answer... it is an incomplete, beta product. If you don't think it's the OS, or have some kind of theory, please share it... I'm sure the people working on this would love to hear what you have to say.
I meant no disprespect., and certainly was not "bashing" anyone. I asked what I thought was a pretty simple question. A reply saying "this is a beta" doesnt really help anything, IMHO. I was looking to confirm this was a problem for everyone, and if so, what is the issue. If we don't yet know, then just say that. Pointing out the obvious doesnt solve anything. Maybe the "people working on this" will reply with something more helpful.

Cheers!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:34 PM
N00b
Carrier: Bell

zoolake is just getting started

Well ive noticed the lag too Joker, so its not just you
Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond/Pro/TP2

kski71 is becoming a great contributor

Ive noticed lag but my issue is no internet. Unless Im not looking close enough I didn't see anyone with this problem. Suggestions anyone?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

if there is a lag for you, try unselecting error reporting. made a world of differnce for me with some other 6.5 rom. good luck
Old 02-22-2009, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC M8
Carrier: Cricket

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA

Hey Conflipper, in another thread you state "Test Vogue Rom

Honeycomb, Enlarge Menus, New PIE, Panels. New MSN Live" is that the Vogue Rom on the 1st post? By the way kudo on your write-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
The Files are all there. Click on Build-OS and select the files you want to use, the programs, It will install manila on its own, I need to go and edit that kitchen some more, I will do that once i get more time.

After Build-Os is done, then click on Build-nb, This will load up a command window and run through a lot of stuff, once it is all done, it will load up a Rom Update Utility. Plug your phone in and then flash.

Make sure your phone is unlocked before trying to do any of this. that is very important.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Thought I would share some of my Vogue screens.
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software