PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
Nope i even tried after including WinCE.nls package in SYS, still it doesn't boots. I dunno why i am getting this problem, i only took MSXIPKERNEL files from joojoobee666's updated XIP and replaced the files in my kitchen's MSXIPKERNEL folder. Also, i have WinCE.nls in the xip also. This is taking my head away a bit
if the only thing you have changed is the MSXIPKERNAL, then i bet thats it, also i think the MSXIPKERNAL is for the touch pro only.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

using ervirus visual kitchen 1.6 and 1.7 ive been getting an error when trying to port an xip
"Error Executing: dumpxip.bat for new xip.bin!" then when i hit okay it gives me another error "boot.rgu in xip.bin_new not found! Create new... but maybe rom will be NON BOOTABLE!!!" then it gives me another error "Error Executing: boot.bat!"
has anyone gotten this before, i have been getting this error from the start?
but if i try to port it with a clean ervirus kitchen it works fine... I cannot figure out what is causing the errors
Old 07-21-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

bikeanddestroyx: How can that be ? MSXIPKERNEL files are generic WM files, they can't be device specific, or can they?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Nope i even tried after including WinCE.nls package in SYS, still it doesn't boots. I dunno why i am getting this problem, i only took MSXIPKERNEL files from joojoobee666's updated XIP and replaced the files in my kitchen's MSXIPKERNEL folder. Also, i have WinCE.nls in the xip also. This is taking my head away a bit
Have you tried another known working .ROM folder?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
bikeanddestroyx: How can that be ? MSXIPKERNEL files are generic WM files, they can't be device specific, or can they?
no those are device specific.. wait ummmmm maybe not
i was thinking of OEMXIPKERNAL sorry.
But it must be something to do with msxipkernal.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
You are correct. MSXIPKernel are WinMo build specific.

Here's the 21928 PPCKitchen files as requested. I haven't had time to really test, so let me know. Everything is included in one file - SYS_21928_Common, SYS_21928_192DPI_0409, SYS_21928_96DPI_0409 and XIPs for the Herman, Titan, Vogue, Kaiser, Victor and Apache. The XIPs are hexed to read 21928 but are really 21926.

http://www.4shared.com/file/11963898...21928_ALL.html

Last edited by joojoobee666; 07-21-2009 at 02:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq 910c
Carrier: Movistar

Actors is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey1138 View Post
I am getting strange start menu effects... like when you win at solitaire... Anyone had this?
Tray this

<Image ID="Background" Left="0" Top="-27" Visible="True" Opacity="1.0" ScalingAlgorithm = "TriLinear" Source="ConfettiPlus::WallpaperBitmap"/>

In StartMenu_Global_***x***.cpr
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Have you tried another known working .ROM folder?
Nope, no luck. I replaced .ROM and .VM from my working 23004 ROM and again with my working 23007 ROM, but its still stuck I am damn sure that this is a XIP based problem, but tell me one thing buddy, With platform rebuilder is the use of WMreloc not necessary? Coz my kitchen doesn't have it and still all the SYS you previously posted worked well with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
no those are device specific.. wait ummmmm maybe not
i was thinking of OEMXIPKERNAL sorry.
But it must be something to do with msxipkernal.
Yes i also think so but am not able to point out the exact cause. Everything seems normal
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
I am damn sure that this is a XIP based problem, but tell me one thing buddy, With platform rebuilder is the use of WMreloc not necessary? Coz my kitchen doesn't have it and still all the SYS you previously posted worked well with it.
Ive needed to use WMreloc for a few builds now for it too boot, i would try using it and see how it works. If i remember correct the 218xx builds were giving me trouble with G'reloc so i had to switch to wmreloc
Old 07-21-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
Ive needed to use WMreloc for a few builds now for it too boot, i would try using it and see how it works. If i remember correct the 218xx builds were giving me trouble with G'reloc so i had to switch to wmreloc
Thats not what i am saying buddy. Ever since i switched to this platform rebuilder based kitchen, i have never used Greloc or Mreloc. I am asking whether i need to do the sys relocation with WMReloc or does platform rebuilder does everything itself?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software