PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Has anybody successfully built a rom for the touch pro with the new build?? I put the sys and the xip in JD's kitchen and can't seem to get pass the boot screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i780
Carrier: TMobile

inertiax3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel View Post
It will be real hard since, to my knowledge, there are no 96dpi devices in production or in the line for production. MS doesn't like creating builds for devices that won't be widely used. I would think it would be next to impossible to get a native 96dpi release. I would think everything will have to be ported.
That would be VERY sad.. but the Samsung Omnia is 96DPI if I remember well, so hopefuly there will be genuine 96DPI resources after all
Old 05-14-2009, 03:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: AT&T

Da_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIPDa_G is a VIP

Actually, there are several 96 dpi devices being used for development, the majority even (note development and NOT production, who knows what makes it to production)

This is due to the fact that these older devices are more tested, driver base is older and known stable, and the manufacturer (HTC) is more willing to share driver source code, so microsoft can make proper modifications necessary to support any new features (this info from a microsoft blog post on dogfood)

Testing is being done on 96 dpi, 128 dpi, 131 dpi, 192 dpi devices ranging from 240x240 up to 480x854

Just a matter of getting my grubby hands on the goods!

Hopefully just a matter of time

Here's a full list of what's being devved:

Languages:

Code:
040B
040C
041D
0C0A
resolutions:
Code:
dpi128_320x320
dpi192_480x480
dpi192_480x640
dpi192_480x800
dpi192_480x854
dpi96_240x240
dpi96_240x320
dpi96_240x400
additionally, dpi131_240x320 for smartphone

Last edited by Da_G; 05-14-2009 at 04:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:08 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
There are no CDMA devices on the list of test device currenlty, Only the Rapheal, Universal, Wizard, Hermes, Blackstone, and Excalibur are used by Microsoft for test devices.
That was last febuary, I am sure there are more then that now. So going by that, it looks like there is a lot of 96dpi devices in testing.

The big thing would be WWE, but I have a feeling we will be getting more and more of those.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
21231 Sys and ROM folder:
Hear you go guys this is ported for the Touch Pro which is VGA and a CDMA Rom folder, enjoy.

www.jballer.com/21231 sys and xip.zip

Quote:
Sorry to bring this up again, since it was a page ago, but in my experience (even with the new Ervius Visual Kitchen) you still need to recmod all modules in the BROWSINGCORE and BROWSINGIE folders. Then there are some random modules here and there that still need to go. What I usually do is do a full build with Ervius Visual (NEW) and then before I flash, I'll run a "G'reloc.exe -dump -doit". It will still error on several modules. I drop these down to file and run it again. (Yes, drop them down in both the DUMP dir and the original location in SYS. Because G'REloc is just looking at the DUMp location. ) I get my sys to completely pass G'Reloc before I flash. It has yet to fail me.

i have used the above sys and rom and im getting a G'reloc error says not valid integer.....anybody have this working?

Old 05-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Young-E

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

CAN someone please help me with building a rom for my touch pro???? I am using JD's kitchen and can't get pass the boot screen.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Love; HTC Touch Diamond

Zecanilis is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
CAN someone please help me with building a rom for my touch pro???? I am using JD's kitchen and can't get pass the boot screen.
I don't know that kitchen, but does it port the xip by itself or do you have to port it?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Sorry to bring this up again, since it was a page ago, but in my experience (even with the new Ervius Visual Kitchen) you still need to recmod all modules in the BROWSINGCORE and BROWSINGIE folders. Then there are some random modules here and there that still need to go. What I usually do is do a full build with Ervius Visual (NEW) and then before I flash, I'll run a "G'reloc.exe -dump -doit". It will still error on several modules. I drop these down to file and run it again. (Yes, drop them down in both the DUMP dir and the original location in SYS. Because G'REloc is just looking at the DUMp location. ) I get my sys to completely pass G'Reloc before I flash. It has yet to fail me.
I haven't had to recmod browsui.dll or dxtrans.dll in the browsingie folder. I did also recmod webview.dll in the browsing folder.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Young-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecanilis View Post
I don't know that kitchen, but does it port the xip by itself or do you have to port it?
By porting do you mean dropping rom folder with the xip file in the kitchen???
Old 05-14-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Love; HTC Touch Diamond

Zecanilis is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
By porting do you mean dropping rom folder with the xip file in the kitchen???
Which xip are you using? Have you ever cooked before or is your first time?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software