PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 07:41 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Yesh! Slingplayer update! Now supports VGA!

looks like crap at 320x240, high action settings, very pixelated and choppy.

imma muck with the settings and see what i can do for better picture quality
anyone feel free to throw out some tweaks or tips

i know for a fact slingplayer was awesome, fluid and clear on my old vogue/evdo setup
Old 12-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

I don't see any improvement.

Am I missing something?

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 12-24-2008, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
Unless I'm doing something wrong I'm pretty dissapointed.. I upgraded to a Diamond from the Touch and have seen no improvement slinging as far as speed.. still doesn't run very smooth.. I know the evdo/3g is fast enough cuz I can tether to my laptop and run slingplayer with great results.. So I can only conclude that are hardware just isn't up to snuff.. don't get me wrong.. it does work barely ok.. but it's just kinda annoying to use.. I'd appreciate any input on others with the Diamond and sprint/evdo to share your settings.. maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
Besides your upload speed, one of the major factors of getting and keeping a good picture using slingmobile is your reception strength. At certain parts of my home i get a weak signal and i get choppy results, while at work and my girls house both areas are surrounded by reception towers and i get zero interuptions. these are my settings:

Buffer settings:Automatic
optimization:Enable Slingstream Optimizer,Enable fast start
Encoding Parameters: (i dont enable slingstream optimization), Video bitrate is set at 300, Video FPS is set at Full Rate, I-Frame interval is set at 5, Video Resolution is set at 320x240
Audio Settings:Stereo High
Information: (i dont enable control mode), show statistics
Other: I reconnect to last slingbox, (i dont enable "x" on slingplayer, I dont enable Audio Video Sync Offset) I enable GDI Rendering.

hope this helps...

Last edited by BROOKNAM; 12-24-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

thanks for the setting tips...
I'll give them a try. also maybe I'll try buffering more than the default 4 seconds.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

I've used wifi with my diamond using Comcast .. with 12mb down and 2mb up.. so bandwidth isn't an issue.. works flawless on my laptop. Terrible framerate and sync'ing issues on my Diamond.. Sprintv works like crap also... maybe it's the rom I'm using.. Mightymike's 3.8 ... maybe I'll try loading the stock rom back on and give it a try before I completely frustrate myself.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Worked much better on my mogul then it does on touch pro!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

OK... I HATE this update. They changed which way the landscape mode is viewed. I have the perfect setup to watch games in my car and run it through the car speakers. Now... I can't really do that, because plug is now on the wrong side. I can't see any improvement in viewing either... time to switch back.

Anyone overwhelmed by the TP viewing? I'm waiting for a replacement for my Mogul, but have heard Sling isn't so impressive on TP.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

dedicated server pc running orb has always worked great for me
Old 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd pull this one back up.

I just purchsed a Slingbox Pro HD and while it works great on my PC/Laptop, on my Touch Pro it leaves a LOT to be desired. After playing with the setting, I am able to get a good somewhat stutter free picture in portrait mode(I get get 25-30fps with 300 bitrate, 5 iframe full fps). However, changing over to landscape is another story. The stuttering becomes really bad in landscape mode. SO bad, it is pretty much unwatchable.

I'm actually considering taking it back because my main objective was to replace Sprint TV with this, which would save me money, in the long run, while giving me a TON more channels to choose from. But to be honest, at this point, the slingplayer just doesn't cut it at ALL on the Touch Pro.

As an FYI, I am using v1.6.012 of the player(as opposed to 1.6.011 release version), which is a leaked version that is supposed to help video clarity.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Care to share the v1.6.012 you have??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software