PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yesh! Slingplayer update! Now supports VGA!

**download here!**

http://downloads.slingmedia.com/go/us

Quote:
Trying to keep up with the ever changing landscape of mobile devices, Sling Media has let loose an updated version of SlingPlayer Mobile for Pocket PC and Smartphone. This isn't the major re-write of the app that Sling Media has been hinting about in certain discussions here in the community, but instead an interim update to bring some Sling goodness to the swarm of new handsets that have recently hit the market sporting never-before-seen screen resolutions like 800x480, 640x480, 400x240, and 320x320.

So which new devices should SlingPlayer Mobile now support? The list is long, but includes:

* Sprint Treo 800w (US)
* Sony Ericsson X1 (US & UK)
* Palm Treo Pro (US & UK)
* Sprint HTC Touch Diamond (US)
* Sprint HTC Touch Pro (US)
* Verizon HTC Touch Pro (US)
* Verizon Samsung Saga (US)
* Verizon Samsung Omnia (US)
* AT&T LG Incite (US & UK)
* AT&T HTC Fuze (US & UK)
* AT&T Samsung Epix (US & UK)
* HP iPAQ 910 (US & UK)
* AT&T Pantech Duo (US)
* Sprint Samsung ACE (US)
* Verizon XV6900 (US)

Beyond support for additional devices, SlingPlayer Mobile is also getting a slew of other important enhancements:

* Provided you install SlingPlayer Mobile using the .EXE file, it will once again sync Slingbox information between SlingPlayer 2.0 and SlingPlayer Mobile.

* SlingPlayer Mobile can now perform major/minor tuning, which is often seen for those tuning digital broadcast channels (5.2, 5.3, etc.).

* The new SlingPlayer Mobile also includes a roaming notification feature, which will let you know if your phone switches to roaming mode while streaming.

* Updated channel logos.

Some important things to note:

Many new devices, particulary CDMA HTC phones like the Sprint Touch Diamond, Mogul, Verizon Samsung Saga, should use the GDI rendering mode provided in the SlingPlayer options area. These devices will default to GDI on a new install, but won't turn on if upgrading from an install where this wasn't already selected. Be sure to try both rendering modes on your phone to determine which will work better for you.

If your phone uses an accelerometer to switch between portrait and landscape, you should connect in portrait mode before switching to landscape, and once connected, use the accelerometer to switch between modes. According to Sling, these devices came out too late to target them in this version, but using the guidelines above, all should be well.

Finally, devices that use a 240x400 resolutionmay have some screens display a little strangely, but video streaming should work fine.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Yesh! Slingplayer update! Now supports VGA!

loving it, they sen me a email with the dl.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

can someone post a .cab? i wont be able to access a PC for a
Old 12-23-2008, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Whom ever I choose.

king_tee is keeping up the good workking_tee is keeping up the good work

Yesssss
Old 12-24-2008, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch diamond pro

Kronus24 is just getting started

I would love to see how good this looks on the TP screen? How much bandwidth is needed for a steady stream for the higher resolution. Thanks in advance
Old 12-24-2008, 12:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Am I missing something? I've been using slingbox on my touch pro since day one... so what's the big fuss about it just now supporting our devices?? Plays exactly the same w/ the update on my Pro...
Old 12-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels

Hope it supports G sensor soon!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:01 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

bout frakin' time!
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:06 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Am I missing something? I've been using slingbox on my touch pro since day one... so what's the big fuss about it just now supporting our devices?? Plays exactly the same w/ the update on my Pro...
The Touch Pro is just now officially supported.

The MAX resolution is still 320 x 240.

They are just stretching the picture and filling the screen correctly.

I read somewhere that Sling 2.0 *might* have higher resoltions....But I beleive we are limited by the phone's internal stuff not running smooth.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work

Unless I'm doing something wrong I'm pretty dissapointed.. I upgraded to a Diamond from the Touch and have seen no improvement slinging as far as speed.. still doesn't run very smooth.. I know the evdo/3g is fast enough cuz I can tether to my laptop and run slingplayer with great results.. So I can only conclude that are hardware just isn't up to snuff.. don't get me wrong.. it does work barely ok.. but it's just kinda annoying to use.. I'd appreciate any input on others with the Diamond and sprint/evdo to share your settings.. maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software