View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 10:08 AM
BROOKNAM
PPCGeeks Regular

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Yesh! Slingplayer update! Now supports VGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri0xinn View Post
Unless I'm doing something wrong I'm pretty dissapointed.. I upgraded to a Diamond from the Touch and have seen no improvement slinging as far as speed.. still doesn't run very smooth.. I know the evdo/3g is fast enough cuz I can tether to my laptop and run slingplayer with great results.. So I can only conclude that are hardware just isn't up to snuff.. don't get me wrong.. it does work barely ok.. but it's just kinda annoying to use.. I'd appreciate any input on others with the Diamond and sprint/evdo to share your settings.. maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
Besides your upload speed, one of the major factors of getting and keeping a good picture using slingmobile is your reception strength. At certain parts of my home i get a weak signal and i get choppy results, while at work and my girls house both areas are surrounded by reception towers and i get zero interuptions. these are my settings:

Buffer settings:Automatic
optimization:Enable Slingstream Optimizer,Enable fast start
Encoding Parameters: (i dont enable slingstream optimization), Video bitrate is set at 300, Video FPS is set at Full Rate, I-Frame interval is set at 5, Video Resolution is set at 320x240
Audio Settings:Stereo High
Information: (i dont enable control mode), show statistics
Other: I reconnect to last slingbox, (i dont enable "x" on slingplayer, I dont enable Audio Video Sync Offset) I enable GDI Rendering.

hope this helps...

Last edited by BROOKNAM; 12-24-2008 at 10:10 AM.