PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313
Thanks storyr for your hard wok on the icon sets is it posible to do the stardock animated icons as well?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313
Thanks storyr for your hard wok on the icon sets is it posible to do the stardock animated icons as well?
Not unless you have a set with large (64x64) and huge (128x12 icons. I don't currently have the software that will create animations for WeatherPanel (.mng files renamed to .wpa)...
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jonahan is a n00b
I may have missed this discussion somewhere, but does WP-Pilot work with WP when it's being used w/ MS? I'm guessing that it doesn't, since MS only lets you assign one Today tab at a time... but, thought I'd ask...

Jonathan
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahan
I may have missed this discussion somewhere, but does WP-Pilot work with WP when it's being used w/ MS? I'm guessing that it doesn't, since MS only lets you assign one Today tab at a time... but, thought I'd ask...

Jonathan
It will work, but you will need to uncheck "Auto-hide the tab content" in the today tab in the MS settings. This will cause one of the tabs to always show. Then you need to go to the items tab in the Windows today settings and move WP-Pilot right under MS. Now when you press down on the d-pad the tab with WP will stay open, but it will trigger Wp-Pilot to run and it will work as advertized.

I did have trouble with my 700wx, but I was running the MS 1.5 beta. On my Mogul it works great, but I am now running the final release of MS 1.5.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:

Jonathan
Actually, it does. Just place WP-Pilot above or under Shell on the Today screen.

At least it works for me.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Quote:

Jonathan
Actually, it does. Just place WP-Pilot above or under Shell on the Today screen.

At least it works for me.
Here's the scenario I'm using, and it's working great for me:

* Auto-hide tab content = ON
* WeatherPanel just below Mobile Shell (not in a tab)
* WP-Pilot just below WeatherPanel

This way, WP is always showing (plus WP-Pilot works as normal) unless I have a tab selected...
Old 06-27-2007, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jonahan is a n00b
Awesome.. thanks guys. One more question... I checked out the WP-Pilot thread and didn't see anything there... is there anything I can do to reorder the spots that WP-Pilot stops on? It seems to stop on each object as it appears going from left to right... For this theme in particular, I'd like it to cycle through the buttons on the top before cycling through the forecast images... is that possible?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Awesome.. thanks guys. One more question... I checked out the WP-Pilot thread and didn't see anything there... is there anything I can do to reorder the spots that WP-Pilot stops on? It seems to stop on each object as it appears going from left to right... For this theme in particular, I'd like it to cycle through the buttons on the top before cycling through the forecast images... is that possible?
It's not. WP-Pilot reads the layout file and records the horizontal position of each "clickable" item - but not it's vertical position. It doesn't pay attention to an items location from top to bottom. Not a bad idea though...
Old 06-29-2007, 04:54 PM
N00b

hotrod is a n00b
For some reason the cab installer for the icons was PAINFULLY slow on my Treo700wx. I had all 3 cabs on my card trying to install on my card and it would fail. Moved them to my documents and it worked, but took, 5 min to install.

Just for my info, Why are they in cab format instead of zip?

And why do they install in a Uranusware folder instead of Marsware? Am I missing something?

Sorry if I missed some previous topic.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod
For some reason the cab installer for the icons was PAINFULLY slow on my Treo700wx. I had all 3 cabs on my card trying to install on my card and it would fail. Moved them to my documents and it worked, but took, 5 min to install.

Just for my info, Why are they in cab format instead of zip?

And why do they install in a Uranusware folder instead of Marsware? Am I missing something?

Sorry if I missed some previous topic.
The icon sets are very large - containing many files. Installation time varies, depending on the transfer speed of your storage card. Some are fast, some aren't.

The cab files do more than just copy the files to your storage card. They also create the necessary registry entries for WeatherPanel to find them. By default, WeatherPanel looks only in it's own installation folder for icons. So, without the cab install, you'd have to create the registry entries manually - which the general public doesn't know how to do.

They install into the UranusWare folder because that's where they come from - Uranus

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software