PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Bluetooth Spy! - ??????

If you want to read their incoming messages totally undetected, you could just take any extra phone, or even your own phone temporarily, and program it with their MDN, then all incoming messages will got to their phone, and your phone, they will have no idea.

As far as outgoing text, I say install the older dashwire program (the old one never pops up on its own) and rename the exe so it doesnt show in task manager. But ofcourse dashwire would only work on the mogul.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Honestly I think its as simple as this. kids that age don't need a cellphone. I know hibby doesn't want to hear that, but its more a maturity thing than an actual age(meaning I am not saying you shouldn't have your phone hibby). Honestly, I was that age not to terribly long ago. (I am 23 now) I had a cellphone around that age(13 I believe was when I got my first phone) only because my mother worked for big V and it was a great tool to keep in contact with the family. I was responsible with the phone, never went over my minutes or texts. If you don't feel you can trust them with a phone without you watching over your back then simply take the phones away until you can trust them.

If my mother tried to monitor all my texts and what not then I would have just found a different way to communicate with my friends... like actually seeing them and doing something. At that point kids will swear and do stupid things especially boys beating the crap out of eachother. It's all a learning experience if all they learn is to not do bad things because of fear, then just try to imagine what happens when the fear goes away.

Teach them to act rightly because it is right and not because they will get in trouble.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Lurker

jeeper02 is a n00b

f
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi View Post
If you want to read their incoming messages totally undetected, you could just take any extra phone, or even your own phone temporarily, and program it with their MDN, then all incoming messages will got to their phone, and your phone, they will have no idea.

As far as outgoing text, I say install the older dashwire program (the old one never pops up on its own) and rename the exe so it doesnt show in task manager. But ofcourse dashwire would only work on the mogul.
How do you do program the mdn? do you have to contact verizon or just do it yourself on phone?
thank you in advance

Last edited by jeeper02; 11-25-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
Honestly I think its as simple as this. kids that age don't need a cellphone. I know hibby doesn't want to hear that, but its more a maturity thing than an actual age(meaning I am not saying you shouldn't have your phone hibby). Honestly, I was that age not to terribly long ago. (I am 23 now) I had a cellphone around that age(13 I believe was when I got my first phone) only because my mother worked for big V and it was a great tool to keep in contact with the family. I was responsible with the phone, never went over my minutes or texts. If you don't feel you can trust them with a phone without you watching over your back then simply take the phones away until you can trust them.

If my mother tried to monitor all my texts and what not then I would have just found a different way to communicate with my friends... like actually seeing them and doing something. At that point kids will swear and do stupid things especially boys beating the crap out of eachother. It's all a learning experience if all they learn is to not do bad things because of fear, then just try to imagine what happens when the fear goes away.

Teach them to act rightly because it is right and not because they will get in trouble.

For me, the phone thing was out of necessity. I am in no way implying that the maturity wasn't there, because it damn well was. I got my phone when I was 11. It was an LG flip phone. My mother had classes always, my dad worked, so I needed to be in constant contact. I never went over my minutes or texting either. We never had any issues.

Another thing that bothers me is kids treating their phones like crap, and then crying to get a new one. I'm 16 now, and I treat my TP like a baby. You have to learn how to NOT abuse your privileges, and take care of what you have.

I have to agree, if you cannot trust the kids with the phone, they shouldn't have it. Taking it away from them until they learn to respect your rules would be a wakeup call.

But then again, who am I to give advice on parenting? There are probably some more detailed reasons as to why this isn't feasible.

Best of luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

they now have a phone spy thing at xda that will give you any info you want just by sending certain texts to the phone and does it all while being unknown to the user just install the program and send the texts whenever you feel like it and you can catch them if they are doing any wrong. It has to be installed on a smartphone though.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

- 10 for useless thread resurrection

- 100 for no link in an attempt to revive a dead thread.
-110 = Fail boat.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

This is what comes from sparing the rod.

There're quite a few apps available including the one from XDA that can help locate lost or stolen phones, and most will let you execute remote commands via SMS, including dumping text and call logs. I used to use Sprite Terminator, haven't installed one on my TP2 yet, I'll prolly try the XDA app next. YMMV.

Trust, but verify.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

Baby is a n00b

you can install Mobile spy. It can help u to monitor your kids.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software