PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 (from Titan)
Carrier: Verizon(Alltel)

csper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 12/9/08]This iPhone App = This WinMo App

It's for a very limited market I suppose, but I would love to have this: http://www.istockmanager.com/

Also, I played "Blue Skies" ( http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...iew.asp?c=9201 ) on my friends iPhone. Good mindless fun, but this probably isn't supposed to be a game thread. ?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:35 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by csper View Post
It's for a very limited market I suppose, but I would love to have this: http://www.istockmanager.com/

Also, I played "Blue Skies" ( http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...iew.asp?c=9201 ) on my friends iPhone. Good mindless fun, but this probably isn't supposed to be a game thread. ?
This is a thread designed to find Windows Mobile apps that are similar or provide the same function as an app found on the iPhone, game or no.

I'd really like to see more activity from other members here helping out with this. I know there are many users where with lots of knowledge of WinMo apps out there.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:44 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherv
I really appreciate the web-apps that interface with popular websites, such as yelp, facebook, and so on. Here's a great one that I'd like to have...:
http://gizmodo.com/5085907/snow-reports
Very simple and elegant.
Sherv, I think I found what you're looking for, and if I haven't, well, I'm pretty darn sure its the closest you're gonna get.
Check this out! Just enter http://rei.zumobi.com into PIE and download the cab. I got it working on my 800w so hopefully it'll work for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

Re: [UPDATED 11/29/08]This iPhone App = This WinMo App

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
how bout the apple urban spoon app? may come in handy when you're not sure what you wanna eat...
For now, I'd say the best solution is using Microsoft LiveSearch. I know it doesn't have all the features or bling of Urbanspoon but it gets the job done, and fairly well if I do say so myself. I prefer it being integrated into a maps application where I can get directions to it using GPS or save it as a contact.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [UPDATED 12/10/08]This iPhone App = This WinMo App

OK...pardon my ignorance, but from all the reading I can find, is Pandora just a radio/MP3 playing app? I am trying to see what the attraction is, or if it is something I would be interested in, but I am drawing a blank!!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
OK...pardon my ignorance, but from all the reading I can find, is Pandora just a radio/MP3 playing app? I am trying to see what the attraction is, or if it is something I would be interested in, but I am drawing a blank!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_(music_service)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
Score one for wikipedia!!!! I really should look there more often (Get hooked on Google a bit too much I guess)!!! Thanks for the heads up....I'll think about it!!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Score one for wikipedia!!!! I really should look there more often (Get hooked on Google a bit too much I guess)!!! Thanks for the heads up....I'll think about it!!
I'd definitely check it out on the desktop first just to get the full experience. Once ur hooked nothing else will suffice.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [UPDATED 11/29/08]This iPhone App = This WinMo App

Quote:
For now, I'd say the best solution is using Microsoft LiveSearch. I know it doesn't have all the features or bling of Urbanspoon but it gets the job done, and fairly well if I do say so myself. I prefer it being integrated into a maps application where I can get directions to it using GPS or save it as a contact.
+1 for the gentleman on the right
Old 12-15-2008, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tortuous801 is a n00b

Quote:
Sherv, I think I found what you're looking for, and if I haven't, well, I'm pretty darn sure its the closest you're gonna get.
Check this out! Just enter http://rei.zumobi.com into PIE and download the cab. I got it working on my 800w so hopefully it'll work for you.
I've tried this app on my Touch and it crashes continuously... never was able to get it to work... First it had an error looking for a log file so I created one and then it would load... But once I tried to add resorts it would crash again...

Anyone else have this problem??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software