PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 11/29/08]This iPhone App = This WinMo App

I want a native facebook app for wm6..

The iphone app for facebook is night and day better then the wm6 alternatives. (snap2face/friendmobilizer/shozu)

-mark
Old 12-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
...Unfortunately Pandora hasn't been developed, well, released, for Windows Mobile yet.
I found a Pandora app that was written for windows mobile over at everythingq.com forums.

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/sof...tml#post272051

I installed it on my diamond and it works. A few quirks I've noticed so far:
1) Obviously not made for a VGA device, but I'm sure some of you might fare better than I. The text is waaay too small. I HAD to use my stylus.
2) To enter in your email and password, I exited out of the program, went back to the programs screen, activated the keyboard, and then opened the Pandora app.
3) For some reason, it does not show up in my task manager. I hope its just mine - it can be a b**** to exit out of (again - HAD TO USE THE STYLUS).
4) So far - it appears that my phone needs to stay awake in order to maintain a stream.

I'm hoping everyone here can figure out ways or registry hacks to get around these limitations, but the app itself is pretty sweet. Audio quality is pretty good too
Attached Files
File Type: cab pandora.cab (776.1 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyj77 View Post
Oh yeah, is there a winmo version of Be Like Lil Wayne? That is the funniest Sh*t I've ever seen on a phone!!! I would love to have that.
No, there is not a Lil Wayne app for Windows Mobile, thank God! I would think there has to be a photo editing app where you can do similar things to pictures on the fly though. Although, nothing probably as crazy as the lil wayne app.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

WWL 870 AM in New Orleans.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

quote=dannzeman;567406]No, there is not a Lil Wayne app for Windows Mobile, thank God! I would think there has to be a photo editing app where you can do similar things to pictures on the fly though. Although, nothing probably as crazy as the lil wayne app.[/quote] That Sucks.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by diomark View Post
I want a native facebook app for wm6..

The iphone app for facebook is night and day better then the wm6 alternatives. (snap2face/friendmobilizer/shozu)

-mark
There isn't a native facebook app for WinMo. If you're using a Touch Pro (and possibly other phones but don't quote me on that) there is a hack you can do to get the web page to render the same as on the iphone. Do a search for it here on the boards and you should be able to find it.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:08 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
I found a Pandora app that was written for windows mobile over at everythingq.com forums.

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/sof...tml#post272051

I installed it on my diamond and it works. A few quirks I've noticed so far:
1) Obviously not made for a VGA device, but I'm sure some of you might fare better than I. The text is waaay too small. I HAD to use my stylus.
2) To enter in your email and password, I exited out of the program, went back to the programs screen, activated the keyboard, and then opened the Pandora app.
3) For some reason, it does not show up in my task manager. I hope its just mine - it can be a b**** to exit out of (again - HAD TO USE THE STYLUS).
4) So far - it appears that my phone needs to stay awake in order to maintain a stream.

I'm hoping everyone here can figure out ways or registry hacks to get around these limitations, but the app itself is pretty sweet. Audio quality is pretty good too
Yeah, I know Pandora released an app for WinMo phones on at&t. As far as I knew you couldn't install it on other phones but I think the fine folks at xda are working on that. I'll do some more research before I update the first post with it.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Just letting anyone that didn't know, that there's a facebook app that's finally in development by someone at XDA. A lot of complaining that a lot of the other phones have a great app, but we still don't... all that may finally change!
More info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=455263
Old 12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
I love root
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Just letting anyone that didn't know, that there's a facebook app that's finally in development by someone at XDA. A lot of complaining that a lot of the other phones have a great app, but we still don't... all that may finally change!
More info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=455263
Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I love root
Threadstarter

Re: [UPDATED 12/9/08]This iPhone App = This WinMo App

It looks like the Pandora app located at everythingq is working pretty darn good on my 800w. Here's the link from xda that should take you to the op. The only problem I've noticed on my 800w is that pressing down on the 5-way lowers the volume and I can't figure out how to increase it again without exiting and restarting the app. But everything else works very well. Enjoy.

And thanks to pjsync for bringing this up earlier. Bravo.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software