PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfryar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth dock for home phones - Cell Fusion

Hello, I was wondering how many people have experience with blue tooth home docks? Basically what I mean is a device that will allow your home telephones to use your cell phone instead of the land line. One particular device is by GE called Cell Fusion. I personally have the cell fusion but am looking for other options. I have recently removed my land line but still need my phones in my house to function. The Cell Fusion pairs with my third line of service from Sprint via my old HTC Touch. When calls come in on the HTC touch the Cell Fusion sends the ring and caller id info to my home telephones and I can answer the calls normally. The problem comes in making calls. In order to place an outgoing call using the Cell Phone I have to dial "#1#number#". This is confusing to guests and my younger children. On top of that the "#" does not seem to work for voice mail services or any other thing that needs you to hit the #. So what I am looking for is other options of integrating the cell phone into your home phone. What are people using, experiences, etc? Thanks, Rick
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tonykovac is just getting started
Re: Bluetooth dock for home phones - Cell Fusion

I've been looking at these too - I've been holding off purchasing one, since the extra digits for dialing will not make my wife happy. We purchased another GE version of the cell fusion system for our kid, but that version doesn't link with any current home phones - not a big deal, since he's in an apartment and only needs 2 extensions, which are included. When dialing out on the cell line, there's a different key on the handset to push (says "Cell Call" or something similar), no extra digits required. Extra extension handsets can be added, but they're around $50 each (DECT 6.0), and one's current home phones won't be integrated with the system.

Some of the reviews on Amazon.com pointed to another bluetooth cellphone-landline adapter by XLink, but I can't tell if dialing extra digits is required with this unit - doesn't appear to require extra digits/symbols to dial.

Here's the link for the XLink at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Intellitouch-I...6942354&sr=8-4

I haven't used any of these, so I don't know how good/bad the quality is - the reviews are up and down, and the XLink costs twice as much as the GE Cell Fusion Gateway.

Hope that helps, --TonyK.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro 2

black88mx6 is becoming a great contributor

I have used the Xlink with my sprint touches for the last year. It has worked flawlessly.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

rfryar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by black88mx6 View Post
I have used the Xlink with my sprint touches for the last year. It has worked flawlessly.
Can you tell me if you need to dial anything special to dial out? Also is caller id p***** to the land line phones? Thanks, Rick
Old 11-18-2008, 08:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tonykovac is just getting started

Here's some info on dialing, copied from the XLink manual:

PlaCING a Call
XLink ITC-BTTN is designed to work with your standard phone and your telephone service or independently of your telephone service. If you have connected your telephone service line to the XLink you will dial out directly by simply picking up the phone and dialing. If you wish to dial out on your cell phone simply select the appropriate line, “one” “two” or “three” by pressing 1 FLASH , 2 FLASH , or 3 FLASH accordingly and dial the desired number.
To place a call on any telephone connected to the XLink, simply pick up the handset and dial the number. When dialing out using a cellphone connected to the XLink, an optional # digit may be dialed at the end of the number to activate dialing immediately, the same as SeleCTING lINe the Send button on the cell phone. Dialing a # is not required. The dialing process will start following a short delay after the last digit is dialed.

If connected to the telephone service line (land line) the XLink will dial out from the regular phone using the land line. You can choose to dial out using a cell phone by selecting the appropriate line that is paired to the cell phone you wish to dial out on.
A specific line can be specified on a per call basis by first dialing the desired line number and then pressing the fLAsh key on your telephone.
Example: To specify line 3 for an outgoing call, dial 3 fLAsh , then dial the intended phone number.
If the XLink is not connected to the telephone service line (land line), the XLink uses the lowest line number with a connected (paired) cell phone for outgoing calls. for example, if cell phones for lines 2 and 3 are connected, all outgoing calls will be made on line 2.
Anytime a rapid series of beeps is heard instead of normal dial tone, that specific line (or any line) is not available for outgoing calls. This is because the XLink has not been paired with a cell phone or the cell phone is out of range.

After picking up a telephone connected to the XLink, you should hear a steady dial tone, if you hear an error tone (series of rapid beeps), there are no lines available for an outgoing call. In this case, check to ensure that you have at least one cell phone paired and connected to the XLink. Also check that the telephone service line is connected properly to the XLink.

More information and manual are available at the web site,
http://ww.xlinkgateway.com/

--TonyK.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch/ Touch Pro 2

gottago is a n00b

Here's another option. http://www.phonelabs.com/

I used the Dock 'n Talk a ways back with no problems at all. I had a 2 line Uniden cordless phone set, where my land line was Line 1 and my cell was Line 2. Dialing out is pretty seemless when compared to a land line, although they do suggest pressing # at the end of dialing but it is not required. With any of these options, I call your attention to the fact that you will need to keep the cell phone plugged in as there is your typical bluetooth battery drain.

It may be a little more expensive option but it is an option. Hope it helps.

gottago
Sprint Touch w/ WM 6.1
Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Greg Brady is just getting started

I bought the Cell-Fusion and ended up taking it back mostly because you cant import your address book but also because it keep ringing saying " call from home" i assumed this was my house calling but it was the built in paging from the base station randomly buzzing the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software