View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
tonykovac
N00b

tonykovac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth dock for home phones - Cell Fusion

I've been looking at these too - I've been holding off purchasing one, since the extra digits for dialing will not make my wife happy. We purchased another GE version of the cell fusion system for our kid, but that version doesn't link with any current home phones - not a big deal, since he's in an apartment and only needs 2 extensions, which are included. When dialing out on the cell line, there's a different key on the handset to push (says "Cell Call" or something similar), no extra digits required. Extra extension handsets can be added, but they're around $50 each (DECT 6.0), and one's current home phones won't be integrated with the system.

Some of the reviews on Amazon.com pointed to another bluetooth cellphone-landline adapter by XLink, but I can't tell if dialing extra digits is required with this unit - doesn't appear to require extra digits/symbols to dial.

Here's the link for the XLink at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Intellitouch-I...6942354&sr=8-4

I haven't used any of these, so I don't know how good/bad the quality is - the reviews are up and down, and the XLink costs twice as much as the GE Cell Fusion Gateway.

Hope that helps, --TonyK.