PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Killabee44 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Status - HTC Clone Skin

Stroths,

I have Batterystatus (now known as HomeScreen PlusPlus advanced) version 106.338 but I cannot get hardly any of the skins to work. They just don't display. Not sure if it's the fact that I am using UL with this version of Batterystatus. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know where I can find this theme or what it's called? Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuP0j...layer_embedded

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
For those that do not have BatteryStatus installed and want the HTC like screen, I have put together a cab (BatteryStatusExt.1.05.build_0277_HTC.zip) that will install Batterystatus, the HTC skin and also set it as a type 5 in the registry. A type 5 today screen plugin will not display scroll bars which is the same way the HTC Home Plugin was setup if I remember correctly.

Below is my current UL setup which includes a tab with the HTC Clone Batterystatus plugin.

NOTE: The attachment won't setup the weather, ultimate launcher or add the 3 tabs I have shown. It just gives you the HTC looking clock, date, owner name and the 5 icons below the clock for notifications.

--------

EDIT: For those that already have Batterystatus installed, you can try the attached zipped cabfile BatteryStatus HTC Home Skin.zip file. The cab should install the skin and set Batterystatus as a type 5 plugin. I haven't tested this install out but it should work.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

WythDryden is becoming a great contributor
Re: Ultimate Launch

Is the size of the icons in UL strictly limited? I ask because I'm making photo dials (using go2contact), and I'd like to have one tab with a number of them, like 3 rows of 4 or whatever, which would work with the default size. But, I'd like another tab that has only 1 contact, and thus it would just have 1 large icon that would take up the majority of the tab (about half of my screen). I find that the default icon size is a bit small for pictures for this purpose to begin with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Old 01-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WythDryden View Post
Is the size of the icons in UL strictly limited? I ask because I'm making photo dials (using go2contact), and I'd like to have one tab with a number of them, like 3 rows of 4 or whatever, which would work with the default size. But, I'd like another tab that has only 1 contact, and thus it would just have 1 large icon that would take up the majority of the tab (about half of my screen). I find that the default icon size is a bit small for pictures for this purpose to begin with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
No, use what ever size that will fit. You will have to specify the size of your icons in the settings.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
No, use what ever size that will fit. You will have to specify the size of your icons in the settings.
Which settings? I tried changing both for the display settings for the specific tab, and also under the icon settings for the shortcut, but whenever I select the icon, it says Error under manage items, and doesn't show in the tab..
Old 01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level

Under the main tab, xp icon options, there is a setting and there is also for individual icons in a tab. the setting is too small, so you are getting the error. UL will only display *.ico files, not *.png. Keep playing with it.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Under the main tab, xp icon options, there is a setting and there is also for individual icons in a tab. the setting is too small, so you are getting the error. UL will only display *.ico files, not *.png. Keep playing with it.
Ok, I got it to work up to 96 pixels (even 95 works), but nothing bigger than that seems to work. Is this the cut off point? I've tried 128, 132 and 97, and yes I'm using *.ico files.

Last edited by WythDryden; 01-27-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Almost a VIP

I'm pretty sure you can go larger than 96. I have a single 120 icon on one tab. The setting for the individual icon is on the xp icon tab. There are so many tabs.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can go larger than 96. I have a single 120 icon on one tab. The setting for the individual icon is on the xp icon tab. There are so many tabs.
I don't know where I can be going wrong.. I created a 120 icon, set it for 120 on the xp icon tab, and I get an 'invalid icon'..

Edit: Well, I don't know why, but if I don't change anything then re-select it a couple times, eventually it accepts it.. bizarre. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Almost a VIP

Great to hear!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Has anyone else tried using SBSH Pocket Breeze as a tab in UL? Seems to work great, but sometimes stops allowing gestures so it gets stuck on that tab.. I like not having to have the tabs visible so figuring this out would be preferable..

Edit: Ok, I think I've figured it out. What I did in case anyone else was having this issue, was I created a combination tab, rather than just the solo today plugin. In the combination tab I put SBSH Pocket Breeze, and then I put in a shortcut one underneath it, I selected individual icon size, and then didn't add any shortcuts.. This seems to allow the gestures as long as I swipe in the correct 'blank' area, so to speak.

Last edited by WythDryden; 01-28-2009 at 01:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software