PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

If you are sure that you have the Open tab on startup checked like in this picture I am stumped you might try doing a reinstall?

Last edited by eehrhard; 03-03-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

shortbushemi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
If you are sure that you have the Open tab on startup checked like in this picture I am stumped you might try doing a reinstall?

yep that's checked, activate on startup is checked. and i've tried reinstalling also. and i only checked it for one tab. i'm def. stumped. and its kind of annoying.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Verizon

kesellio is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbushemi View Post
yep that's checked, activate on startup is checked. and i've tried reinstalling also. and i only checked it for one tab. i'm def. stumped. and its kind of annoying.
I had the same problem. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a solution using just ultimate launch. Instead, I have ultimate launch as the first tab of SPB pocket plus 4.0. For some reason, this hasn't caused a single problem. I would rather have ultimate launch by itself, but this may be my only option... for now.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Both of you are using 6700's. I wonder if that has something to do with it?

I wonder if anyone else here with a 6700 is not having this issue. Kinda strange.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

shortbushemi is a n00b

yeah 6700's on verizon's network.

i even did a hard reset last night cause i uhh.. uhh froze my phone. lol it'd get to the main display and just freeze. wouldn't let me do anything. luckily i synced all my contacts just before that happened so i didn't loose anything that i couldn't easily put back in.

first thing i did was reinstall UL and reset.. same thing. wouldn't come up. odd. i'll have to try kesellio's work around
Old 03-04-2008, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just started playing around with UL, and I'm loving it so far. Here is the simple, 5 tab setup I'm running for now:

[Edit: I've gotten a lot of PM's about the clock pictured above. To save everyone the trouble in the future, it is simply a combination of rlToday and the skin in post 128 here. There are a lot of other nice skins in that thread too. ]

I've got a couple of things I can't figure out though:

1) Does anyone know of a way to get more than one row of contacts pictures on your today screen? Right now I'm using TofClocks Speed Dial plugin, but I can't find a way to get more than one row of contacts pictures. Anyone know of a way to get it to look more like the second pic here:

2) I'd like to put my calendar info on one of the tabs (probably the one with HTC Home), but UL doesn't list Calendar as an available today plugin. Anyone gotten this to work with the built in Calendar today plugin, or another app?

Last edited by bedoig; 04-30-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
1) Does anyone know of a way to get more than one row of contacts pictures on your today screen? Right now I'm using TofClocks Speed Dial plugin, but I can't find a way to get more than one row of contacts pictures. Anyone know of a way to get it to look more like the second pic here:
?
Does this work on the plugin when it is installed outside of UL? My guess would be it is in the settings of the plugin. My experience has been that UL just displays the plugins really doesnt affect them in any way. I might be wrong though.

Quote:
2) I'd like to put my calendar info on one of the tabs (probably the one with HTC Home), but UL doesn't list Calendar as an available today plugin. Anyone gotten this to work with the built in Calendar today plugin, or another app?
The calendar and Tasks do not like being put in UL. You have many options though. I downloaded Pocket Infomant during a free app friday last year and its today plugin works great.

I know there are many other plugins that will do this too. You might even be able to get BatteryStatus to show it but I have not played around with it that much yet.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Does this work on the plugin when it is installed outside of UL? My guess would be it is in the settings of the plugin. My experience has been that UL just displays the plugins really doesnt affect them in any way. I might be wrong though.
No, it only displays one line regardless of wether it's being run in UL or not. I was hoping someone knew of a hack, or another program altogether, to get it to work. I did just come across a program that the Touch has natively called MakePhoneCall.exe that sounds promising. I'm trying to get a copy of the exe to try on my Titan.

Quote:
The calendar and Tasks do not like being put in UL. You have many options though. I downloaded Pocket Infomant during a free app friday last year and its today plugin works great.

I know there are many other plugins that will do this too. You might even be able to get BatteryStatus to show it but I have not played around with it that much yet.
I've been playing around with BatteryStatus a little bit myself. Pretty cool program. Way more features than I expected. I'll take a deeper look at it.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Quote:
Both TodayAgenda and Calendar+ work within UL, and they're both free.

TodayAgenda: http://tiews.info/index.php?show=software%2Ftodayagenda&lang=en

Calendar+: http://mohairsofa.com/Default.aspx/document/10

(Also, TasksPlus seems to work well as a Task plugin replacement: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=58)

Last edited by 02840; 03-04-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

bushd is a n00b

If you want to put in speed dial for its own tab, say like applications, make a new Shortcuts tab. Add in shortcuts to \Windows\MakePhoneCall.exe and the parameter set the phone number. For the icon you will need to chose the XP icons and make your own for that. This atleast is a bypass to make your speed dial look and space like your applications without having to have another plugin active. Hope this helps everyone.

What application did your counts for email, vmail and the like eehrhard?

I am looking for something (free) like peracount but that is done by icon instead and something that can be pressed without the stylus. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software