PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IT_Architect is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What are the best TV and Radio Apps you've used for the Touch Pro2?

What are the best TV and Radio Apps you've used for the Touch Pro2? Skyfire is gone and Sprint TV doesn't work. If it costs a few bucks to buy, I don't care. I just don't want a subscriptions as I would use these very seldom.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor
Re: What are the best TV and Radio Apps you've used for the Touch Pro2?

Try SBP TV and it's free and also "thestreamcenter.com" also free
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT_Architect is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
Try SBP TV and it's free and also "thestreamcenter.com" also free
I did try SPB TV...twice. It causes the phone to freeze and kills the voice command capabilities of the phone. TheStreamCenter.com got my heart palpatating, but I haven't had any success with it yet. The first station I tried told my Flash was out of date. AFAIK, it's impossible to update past the 3.1 that I have. (Same as Flash 7 for Windows.)

Slacker Radio are some really confused puppies. I signed up and it said to go to Slacker.com with my phone to get started. They redirected me to a URL that had syntax errors, so naturally it didn't work. I started a chat with support I said I had a Touch Pro2 with stock ROM and WM 6.5. They said that Microsoft never actually released that OS. I told them they still sell phones with it, and there are far more versions of that out there than there ever will be with WP7. They said "Microsoft doesn't support it, so we don't develop for it. We only make it for the HD2." I told him the HD2 ships with WM 6.5.

I think I'll just buy a bunch of MP3s.

Edit: I later found a version of Slacker Radio on a free software site. I installed it on my TP2, and when I launched it, it said I needed to upgrade. It updated itself, and has been working fine since.

Last edited by IT_Architect; 03-16-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

i like pocket tunes and openwebradio for music.

I got hooked on p-tunes from old palm phone and been using it on touch pro since (not free for winmo though)

openwebradio is good, free too. But you have to select your stations
Old 03-19-2011, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT_Architect is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
"thestreamcenter.com"
There's a dead ringer. Even if you're just looking for the addresses of the common radio stations on line for a player, this is where to get the information you need. WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
i like pocket tunes and openwebradio for music...openwebradio is good, free too. But you have to select your stations
OPenWebRadio is very good, TheStreamCenter has about every station there is, and shows the info you need to set them up in OpenWebRadio, or just listen to TCMP or Windows Media Player.

TV is the only one I'm doing poorly with. The only good TV app I have found is the one from Associated Press. I have MyPlayer, and pointed to Windows Media Player and for Flash I installed Flash 3.1, and pointed it to appzone.exe. I did giet it to work. Most of the channels they show don't work, including their example, and nobody would want to watch most of the rest of what they have. Since commercials pay for programming, I would think every over-the-air TV station would have a web feed but that doesn't seem to be the case, and the ones that do, often are down. I seems nearly every radio station does have a feed.

Last edited by IT_Architect; 03-19-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

just saw this on the marketplace but i like it.

spb tv works rather well, didnt have much of a lag on it using high quality over my wifi.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:11 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

If you've got cable at home, nothing on the market beats a slingbox.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT_Architect is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
If you've got cable at home, nothing on the market beats a slingbox.
I do have basi cable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it will cost me a one-time of $179 to $300 to implement.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

that's correct. Just buy the slingbox, plus a one time $29.99 for the software from windows mobile marketplace....there you go. Some think it's pricey, but your tp2 with the TV out cable plus slingbox becomes a portable cable box .
Old 03-20-2011, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT_Architect is a n00b

Got it! That's good to know. It sounds real too.

What I was hoping for, is a way to play all of the local TV channels where I'm at when I'm traveling. I did find freewarepocketpc.net/watch-live-tv-and-listen-radio.php to find sources, and Free online entertainment television stream - United States, but they're not just a click and thing. The links bring you to their main site and you have to take it from the to find the stream info. Then I need to set them up in MyPlayer. That takes half the night by the time you find them and enter them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
radio, touch pro2, tv