View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:48 PM
IT_Architect
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

IT_Architect is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are the best TV and Radio Apps you've used for the Touch Pro2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
Try SBP TV and it's free and also "thestreamcenter.com" also free
I did try SPB TV...twice. It causes the phone to freeze and kills the voice command capabilities of the phone. TheStreamCenter.com got my heart palpatating, but I haven't had any success with it yet. The first station I tried told my Flash was out of date. AFAIK, it's impossible to update past the 3.1 that I have. (Same as Flash 7 for Windows.)

Slacker Radio are some really confused puppies. I signed up and it said to go to Slacker.com with my phone to get started. They redirected me to a URL that had syntax errors, so naturally it didn't work. I started a chat with support I said I had a Touch Pro2 with stock ROM and WM 6.5. They said that Microsoft never actually released that OS. I told them they still sell phones with it, and there are far more versions of that out there than there ever will be with WP7. They said "Microsoft doesn't support it, so we don't develop for it. We only make it for the HD2." I told him the HD2 ships with WM 6.5.

I think I'll just buy a bunch of MP3s.

Edit: I later found a version of Slacker Radio on a free software site. I installed it on my TP2, and when I launched it, it said I needed to upgrade. It updated itself, and has been working fine since.

Last edited by IT_Architect; 03-16-2011 at 10:33 PM.