PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

wickedklown is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
Maybe I never set extreme text as the default messaging app? Because I still get the text notifications from Windows Mobile. If i click reply on the notification it takes me to standard messaging tho, but if i want to use extreme text, I just dismiss the notification and go into extreme text. I guess what we really want is for the notification to still pop up and then when we hit reply, for Extreme text to pop up into that conversation.

Actually, if you hit reply, your right, it will take you to the standard text but after you send it, it will store it in Extreme text for you to check the thread. Not bad but I agree, would be nice to disable the standard text window altogether
Old 12-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
nothing new to report, the PPC version is better in a few ways and allows touchscreen pushes na dpushes up the input window so its not convered, but the developer still has no idea how to integrate it into the stock sms to put it through to his program and eliminate the stock notification/counter issues.

guess we wont see any good threader replacement anytime soon. that sucks bad no one can figure it out except palm.

anyone try this :http://www.trianglepowers.com/PPC/ViewApp.aspx?ID=48
wonder if its just the stock palm threader or modded to actually work without bugs...

*EDIT* n/m i tried it and while its better and does integrate theres still bugs in it. the notification doesnt go away and it takes 1mb running so its pretty big and clunky program**

still in contact with birdsoft developer to get it integrated. game him a few examples of ones that integrate to see what registry values are being accessed. Hopefully hes willing to try, the program is simply awsome and bug free if it integrated and only 68k running, TINY
Hmmm...he should maybe put a post at XDA Developers. I'm pretty positive they could help.

Also, Bruce at pocketmax.net (PhoneAlarm) may know a thing or two since he has to integrate and deal with notifications on every WM device...(plus, that could pre-guarantee compatibility between the two programs, which would be huge in of itself). But Bruce is by far the expert on notifications for SMS alerts. He's also very friendly and responds quickly to requests; he has no issue working with other developers.

Maybe pass that info on to him?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:48 AM
LA1 Z24

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Extreme Text - Threaded SMS...NE1 using it?

So I have the palm threaded SMS cab installed on my mogul. I've had many problems with this app on my previous 4 moguls...lol yes, 4. So I came across this app and was wondering if anyone is using it on a Mogul, and how it's working for them?

http://www.birdsoft.biz/extremetext.htm
Old 12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
so the new ppc version is out! already purchased! Also he is halfway there with the system integration... if you tick the "System Shorcut" setting and soft reset, whenever you select the "Send TXT" in any of the contact menus, Extreme Txt opens up to a convo screen with that contact. But still no go on the reply button for New Text notifications!

Loving this app tho

Edit: I lied. the send new thing only opens extreme txt from certain places, like the mobile shell photo dial tab, tap and hold select send txt opens extreme text, but from the default windows contacts, send new txt opens standard texting.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com

Last edited by winmobilelawyer; 12-05-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

rikk0 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA1 Z24 View Post
So I have the palm threaded SMS cab installed on my mogul. I've had many problems with this app on my previous 4 moguls...lol yes, 4. So I came across this app and was wondering if anyone is using it on a Mogul, and how it's working for them?

http://www.birdsoft.biz/extremetext.htm
i've been using cody's palm messeging app, it it works fine for me.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Is the MMS integrated or do you still have to go into pic/vid to send MMS?

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-06-2007, 05:17 PM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Is the MMS integrated or do you still have to go into pic/vid to send MMS?
Not integrated (yet).

But also, it won't interfere with your existing MMS app, in other words it "ignores" any MMS messages, which means I suppose it allows them to go to the Arcsoft app with no issues.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexascg View Post
registry edit: today>keys

key112 = calendar
key113 = contacts

change one of them to the prog.
I only have key112 ....

can't seem to find key113? can I create it? if so, What type of folder do i create?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2007, 04:48 PM

I gave it a quick review...

Looks good for PPC, lots of potential, but still needs refinement. Homerun though for Smartphone users.

Review: Extreme Text Threaded SMS
Old 12-08-2007, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic (Evo)

Nahledge973 is a n00b
I'm feeling the app thus far. Does anyone have photocontacts running with it also? My SMS tone from photocontacts isn't alerting me when I get a new sms. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software