PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Max Sense Flopped & CHT's Brilliance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodurrah View Post
Now Im still trying to give it time. But maxsense is just a free spb shell...I have to say its a flop so far. I have seen that Energy and others have tried to spruce it up but I mean these CHT updates are killing max sense. I tried max sense three different roms and updates from both energy and from big max sense...but its just not convenient and even if I wanted to take the time to fully customize all those home screens it still wouldnt be enough to sway me from regular 2.5 w/ CHT, especially with the addition of CHT 1.8 and the new rolling home screen...NICE! Cookie is smart as hell...I know they got mad stuff up their sleeve ready to roll out but they're just like Apple tryna give us just enough to stay hungry for more... I bet you on CHT 1.9 or 2.0 there will be moving home screens like android and they will effectively make the move to adroid moot. cookie shoulda been hired by microsoft. Oh yea and Max sense try to look less child like and fun andd bubbly...Come out with widgets that are dope looking and have ridiculous customization...even come out with the same time and weather with analog that regular sense has...Simple

I'm not being impatient I know its only been a couple of weeks but what I saw in the six teaser videos is not what I got. This is not putting you down whoever made it just a challenge...Who am I to challenge no one...but still, step it up boy!!

I can't say i disagree with that. I kind of feel the same way. MaxSense on release didn't meet up to the hype....frankly at all in my opinion. But I know these guys do good work so I'm willing to give it time and download every so often as it gets better. As was said earlier, I felt the same way about Cookie Home Tab when it first came out. And look at what a beast it is now!

I also understand that this is a free product, but I think his dissatisfaction is warranted. So much expectation and hype was put into this and people (including myself) were on pins and needles waiting for the hottest thing since sliced bread to drop...and it dropped....more like a stale biscuit....lol (i'm kidding it wasn't that bad, i think) but c'mon, can you really blame anyone for being just a little bothered by that?

But like I said I know these guys do good work (ie BigCookie....love it. I wish it weren't discontinued. it really is a good rom) So I'll just kick back and enjoy the ride, and wait for MaxSense to get better. I say wait until MaxSense is more developed before you compare to CHT. I also say don't hate on wodurrah b/c he said something you don't like. He wasn't even disrespectful. Just speak ur mind respectfully and keep it moving. 2 cents deposited......

Last edited by kvictor017; 06-09-2010 at 10:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Veezy
Threadstarter

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvictor017 View Post
I can't say i disagree with that. I kind of feel the same way. MaxSense on release didn't meet up to the hype....frankly at all in my opinion. But I know these guys do good work so I'm willing to give it time and download every so often as it gets better. As was said earlier, I felt the same way about Cookie Home Tab when it first came out. And look at what a beast it is now!

I also understand that this is a free product, but I think his dissatisfaction is warranted. So much expectation and hype was put into this and people (including myself) were on pins and needles waiting for the hottest thing since sliced bread to drop...and it dropped....more like a stale biscuit....lol (i'm kidding it wasn't that bad, i think) but c'mon, can you really blame anyone for being just a little bothered by that?

But like I said I know these guys do good work (ie BigCookie....love it. I wish it weren't discontinued. it really is a good rom) So I'll just kick back and enjoy the ride, and wait for MaxSense to get better. I say wait until MaxSense is more developed before you compare to CHT. I also say don't hate on wodurrah b/c he said something you don't like. He wasn't even disrespectful. Just speak ur mind respectfully and keep it moving. 2 cents deposited......
thank you warchild. I was intentionally very fair handed and open about the fact that I have not given much and have little to offer in terms of development of ROMS. I was trying to use this forum as just that a forum to hear others thoughts about something obviously we all love. And I cant say im not suprised. It seems like standard policy to bash bad mouth and down play any ones ideas that are opposite the crowd. I wasnt insanely mean. I mentioned that he deserves time to develop...maybe the title was a bit harsh, but you gotta catch peoples attention right. As well I was very complimentary of Cookie. I apologize to developer of Maxsense if I was mean. I dont think I was trying to be mean. I was excited and I want maxsense to be the ish. And of course its free and im a ungrateful punk but Im not the only one expecting more from maxsense and waiting to see its development. Dont be mean. This is a forum had you just said CHT had more time to develop that would have been more than enough. To say you want to bash me or call me a troll is completely uncalled for. Some of these geeks on here have this uppity lil attitude cut it out.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

I think people miss the point of MaxSense. it's not for the users who want practically the same Sense look. CHT has provided an enhanced version of Sense. MaxSense is not Sense. It has the Sense tabs available to you, but it's not Sense at all. I think people also miss that MaxSense is much much faster on the tp2 than co0kie's tab because of the fact that it doesn't use the Sense homescreen. Do people not realize you can access links and tabs from any screen because of the new two way switch at the bottom?

I also think people hate MaxSense because of the skin. That can be changed easily and I'm sure we'll see a new look soon. Don't forget MS is avaiable only by ROM and CHT is a cab install. That's another reason it didn't balloon up with excitement > I bet there are tons of people who haven't tried it for that reason alone.

I don't think this thread was necessary, sorry. People have different opinions, but this is just looking for arguments. I use CHT by the way, but I also like MaxSense. I think you're missing how impressive the mod itself is... quit looking at gfx and see what it truly can do.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I wish I could comment on the merits of MaxSense vs CHT. I, like many others, after 2 weeks of emails to maxy have still not rec'd the files to cook into my own custom rom. I can say that the responsiveness of Co0kie and his team in addressing bugs and getting out the next version to a large number of chefs and individual users is, IMHO, a big part of the success of their development.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
I think people miss the point of MaxSense. it's not for the users who want practically the same Sense look. CHT has provided an enhanced version of Sense. MaxSense is not Sense. It has the Sense tabs available to you, but it's not Sense at all. I think people also miss that MaxSense is much much faster on the tp2 than co0kie's tab because of the fact that it doesn't use the Sense homescreen. Do people not realize you can access links and tabs from any screen because of the new two way switch at the bottom?

I also think people hate MaxSense because of the skin. That can be changed easily and I'm sure we'll see a new look soon. Don't forget MS is avaiable only by ROM and CHT is a cab install. That's another reason it didn't balloon up with excitement > I bet there are tons of people who haven't tried it for that reason alone.

I don't think this thread was necessary, sorry. People have different opinions, but this is just looking for arguments. I use CHT by the way, but I also like MaxSense. I think you're missing how impressive the mod itself is... quit looking at gfx and see what it truly can do.

I don't know man. From what I gathered when I tried MS out was that everything was all spread out. It actually took longer to reach the information I was looking for b/c I had to touch the phone twice vs it being a single quick swipe of my thumb. On top of that, some of the widgets were unresponsive and you had to press a hole through the screen just to get to things like txt messages and email.

Now granted, max sense is noticeably faster, but I'm not sold on its functionality yet. It just hasn't come together for me....not yet.

Oh and I disagree on this thread looking for arguments. Yeah the header is a bold statement, but that's what drew my attention and honestly I want to hear more opinions on this. Honestly I think whats being said here is what a lot of people thought but didn't say. Nothings wrong with that. Developers who love their work should look for stuff like this so they can make their projects that they love better.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:52 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Keep it clean and on topic, if you dont like what the OP is saying dont come in here. Thanks for understanding!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Last edited by WarChild; 06-10-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

siff is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
How about instead of bashing it, you produce something better. I think you owe big a apology for what he has done most could not even think of. If its not your cup of tea don't use it. Its FREE and a lot of people love it, he has almost over 80,000 views in his thread. if it was a flop it would be nowhere near that. so you might want to rethink what you posted.
Why on earth would he owe Big an apology? He is a chef, a very good one and maybe he had a small part in testing MaxSense but that is it. He didn't bad mouth Bigs work it is probably the prettiest out there. The developer is Maxcy people need to remember that no matter how much some out there are putting their own stamp on it....
Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by siff View Post
Why on earth would he owe Big an apology? He is a chef, a very good one and maybe he had a small part in testing MaxSense but that is it. He didn't bad mouth Bigs work it is probably the prettiest out there. The developer is Maxcy people need to remember that no matter how much some out there are putting their own stamp on it....
i have already quoted you on this through NRG's thread....

i have never said that i created MaxSense, but i had a lot more to do with it than just testing....

here is a quote for Max himself on post one of MaxSense thread on XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxycy
Thanks
Special thks to Bignadad for all the development support. Without him, Max Sense would not be completed.
CJ Lippstreu for the review and video on Pocketnow
Also thks to Co0kie for his multi quicklinks scripts
Bignadad, Millski and NRGZ for coming up with the first batch of Max Sense ROMs
Beta testers - Ceesheim, Millski, Big and his beta tester group
Language translators - Dan Nda, Kenia, Emra, Joaquim, Riku, Jan, Toby, Hector, Andreas, btxakita, Sandra, Renazzi and Dave ( let me know if I missed any names )
Not trying to get extra credit or any bs like that, but getting tired of seen you post this here and there...

Not trying to mislead anyone here.

btw.. thanks for the props you did give me..

Old 06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

WETW0RKS is just getting started

OK So point of view from a "lurker"... I've been flashing roms for a while now starting with some of Mighty's stuff (who IMHO is still one of the best who ever did it). I normally don't say much except for the occasional thanks. But now I can't help but to ask exactly who's toes BiG stepped on to deserve such ridicule? I have never seen such a bashing of any other project on or in any forum.

I think that when I 1st flashed with Mighty 2.1, I was hooked because it was so new and fresh from the stock. When 2.5 hit it was bannanas. But I found myself waiting for Mighty to drop his version, not because it was gonnin to be groud breakin at that point, but simply because from that 1st flash I felt a sense of loyalty and I trusted his work.

Cookie again was another break through that took it all to another level and as time went I gravitated to a few different roms that incorporated it.

I really think that alot of people are failing to see the picture. If you take the time to look into it, with each new development alot of our favorite chefs are becoming more and more involved and contributing to time and work together to take our, now 2+yr old phones, to a level beyond what any of us could have imagined. Each new break through has come with a period of "trial and error" before it becomes a thing of standard. And by then guess what... These same Great Chefs will be moving on to the next level.

OK So all that to say this... If you don't contribute anything else here except a rambling of a bottom feeding mooch that sits back like a fat ass food critic that can't boil water, but thinks you've earn any right to pass judgement... SHUT THE HELL UP!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio / My rom
Carrier: verison

racer0018 is a n00b

I have not tried it at all. I have tried to get max sense so i can cook it into my own rom but he still will not talk to me. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software