PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Veezy

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Max Sense Flopped & CHT's Brilliance!!!

Now Im still trying to give it time. But maxsense is just a free spb shell...I have to say its a flop so far. I have seen that Energy and others have tried to spruce it up but I mean these CHT updates are killing max sense. I tried max sense three different roms and updates from both energy and from big max sense...but its just not convenient and even if I wanted to take the time to fully customize all those home screens it still wouldnt be enough to sway me from regular 2.5 w/ CHT, especially with the addition of CHT 1.8 and the new rolling home screen...NICE! Cookie is smart as hell...I know they got mad stuff up their sleeve ready to roll out but they're just like Apple tryna give us just enough to stay hungry for more... I bet you on CHT 1.9 or 2.0 there will be moving home screens like android and they will effectively make the move to adroid moot. cookie shoulda been hired by microsoft. Oh yea and Max sense try to look less child like and fun andd bubbly...Come out with widgets that are dope looking and have ridiculous customization...even come out with the same time and weather with analog that regular sense has...Simple

I'm not being impatient I know its only been a couple of weeks but what I saw in the six teaser videos is not what I got. This is not putting you down whoever made it just a challenge...Who am I to challenge no one...but still, step it up boy!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Veezy
Threadstarter

wodurrah is becoming a great contributor
Re: Max Sense Flopped & CHT's Brilliance!!!

What ya'll think???
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodurrah View Post
What ya'll think???

I somewhat agree with you, but maybe not as strong.
Maxsense was hyped to no end. I still prefer CHT also but some people probably like Maxsense better. It all comes down to personal preference. I mean, if we look hard enough, we can probably find people who still prefer the old "Today screen".
Old 06-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I somewhat agree with you, but maybe not as strong.
Maxsense was hyped to no end. I still prefer CHT also but some people probably like Maxsense better. It all comes down to personal preference. I mean, if we look hard enough, we can probably find people who still prefer the old "Today screen".
Hell, I still like my Commodore 64 ...

Old 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

@mod - Can we get this moved to the TP2 forum?

Quote:
What ya'll think???

I'm coming at this from having used CHT and never having used MaxSense... I think that MaxSense JUST dropped... I mean like a week (2 weeks tops) ago? I know that CHT was not super-incredible when it first dropped, and Cookie has had a lot of time and input for making tweaks, mods, and enhancements... I say give MaxSense some time and I'm sure the bugs will get ironed out and be lot more user-friendly.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:21 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its a matter of taste and speed...I like maxsense with Bignadad customizations...the fact that you have a rep of 20 and been here for a while indicates your trollness. contribute something of value or go back in your hole...both are fantastic but it is about preference.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Now Im still trying to give it time. But maxsense is just a free spb shell...I have to say its a flop so far. I have seen that Energy and others have tried to spruce it up but I mean these CHT updates are killing max sense. I tried max sense three different roms and updates from both energy and from big max sense...but its just not convenient and even if I wanted to take the time to fully customize all those home screens it still wouldnt be enough to sway me from regular 2.5 w/ CHT, especially with the addition of CHT 1.8 and the new rolling home screen...NICE! Cookie is smart as hell...I know they got mad stuff up their sleeve ready to roll out but they're just like Apple tryna give us just enough to stay hungry for more... I bet you on CHT 1.9 or 2.0 there will be moving home screens like android and they will effectively make the move to adroid moot. cookie shoulda been hired by microsoft. Oh yea and Max sense try to look less child like and fun andd bubbly...Come out with widgets that are dope looking and have ridiculous customization...even come out with the same time and weather with analog that regular sense has...Simple

I'm not being impatient I know its only been a couple of weeks but what I saw in the six teaser videos is not what I got. This is not putting you down whoever made it just a challenge...Who am I to challenge no one...but still, step it up boy!!
How about instead of bashing it, you produce something better. I think you owe big a apology for what he has done most could not even think of. If its not your cup of tea don't use it. Its FREE and a lot of people love it, he has almost over 80,000 views in his thread. if it was a flop it would be nowhere near that. so you might want to rethink what you posted.

This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:44 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Moved to Windows Mobile Software

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Seriously dude,

I think the bolded statement was the best thing you said in the whole post. Like most already said, if you don't like how maxsense has been implemented so far, either offerred the chefs your feedbacks in the ROM Post on how improvements can be made or how certain bugs can be fixed...or simply just create your own ROM.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

How I dont agree with what the OP is saying......He has the right to speek his mind. We dont just close threads because you dont like what is being posted. That said (OP) It's probably not a good idea to bash a developers software because its not up to "your" standards and for another matter not paying for it. Keep it clean and on topic, if you dont like what the OP is saying dont come in here. Thanks for understanding!

CW

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software