PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [WM][Feb 28] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

I am a witness to that. Now it's my turn to put this into use. I'm am very happy to know that many users are enjoying wideawakes new app!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAM View Post
I'm assuming I'm unlocked otherwise I would not have been able to load the Mightymike ROMs I've been using for the past couple months. Any other ideas? And sorry for the multiple posts, feel free to edit as needed.

dam
you could try reformatting the sd card.

@Mike, have you tried setting it to look for *.nb*
Old 03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
you could try reformatting the sd card.

@Mike, have you tried setting it to look for *.nb*
You know I was like this is gonna work earlier, thats why I updated first post with the issue. I even tried *.n* and no luck. Seems OS or BL only allows it to see .nbhs in the root of SD. Odd eh? I thought so as it will find anything else I want it too anywhere on the device. Thanks for idea tho!
~mike

Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAM View Post
It renames it to RHODIMG.nbh, so it seems to be working partially, but it just doesn't flash it. Thank you for your help.

So, here is what I'm doing step by step.

1. Extract ruu_signed.nbm from Mightymike's ROM.
2. Move it to the SD card root directory.
3. Start SD FROM Flaser.
4. Go to settings and select TP2.
5. Go to Find ROMs and select my ROM.
6. Go to Flash and confirm flash.

dam

-Have you ever flashed successfully from you current SD card before?

I was never able to flash from my 16gb "Generic" SD and was pulling my hair out. I noticed that when the app went into bootloader mode after renaming the nbh- the bootloader would flash "No image" for a split second and sit there.

I then put in my 8gb SAndisk and am flashing from the SD card without problems...

At least for me and maybe for others, some SD cards are crappier then others. I am sticking with Sandisk from now on.

Edit- Yep tried the whole thing over after reformatting Old Generic 16gb- no go.
BTW- it is branded "TopRAM" or "TopCrap" at this point...

Last edited by Scoob; 03-05-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
-Have you ever flashed successfully from you current SD card before?

I was never able to flash from my 16gb "Generic" SD and was pulling my hair out. I noticed that when the app went into bootloader mode after renaming the nbh- the bootloader would flash "No image" for a split second and sit there.

I then put in my 8gb SAndisk and am flashing from the SD card without problems...

At least for me and maybe for others, some SD cards are crappier then others. I am sticking with Sandisk from now on.

Edit- Yep tried the whole thing over after reformatting Old Generic 16gb- no go.
BTW- it is branded "TopRAM" or "TopCrap" at this point...
They used to recommend use a SD less than 1GB to flash ROMs before. But I have tested it with 4GB card, and it works just fine. So its probably limitations of WM that does not allow you to use a 16GB card to flash.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
They used to recommend use a SD less than 1GB to flash ROMs before. But I have tested it with 4GB card, and it works just fine. So its probably limitations of WM that does not allow you to use a 16GB card to flash.
I'm pretty sure it was his card being a generic. We have had users report 16GB cards do indeed work for flashing.
~mike
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [WM][Feb 22] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
i flashed from sd on a 16gb microsd before with no problems. was very smooth. and lovely idea!
I'm flashing fine on my 8gb now but it's Class 2

Tweety- what is the brand of card you use?

I'm having problems flashing via my "TopRam" 16gb card.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

sminkal is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to sminkal

Stuck in LOVE; Really need help.

After installing MightyROm 6.5.3 LOVE ROM, I'm not able to connect to ActiveSync. Have tried all possible options to resolve this. I can connect as an USB, USB as modem but ActiveSync does not connect. Connection to my Exchange works fine.

This is on Sprint TP2. I have earlier flashed using Official ROMs, which worked fine.

Now I need to go back to the official ROM and need help to do it using SD flash. If you can help me with step-by-step on what I need to do.

Where or rather How do I get the .nbh files from ROM? I have the ROM.exe that I downloaded and I have the Mobile_Flasher CAB.

If you can help me with exact steps I need to follow.

Thank you.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminkal View Post
Stuck in LOVE; Really need help.

After installing MightyROm 6.5.3 LOVE ROM, I'm not able to connect to ActiveSync. Have tried all possible options to resolve this. I can connect as an USB, USB as modem but ActiveSync does not connect. Connection to my Exchange works fine.

This is on Sprint TP2. I have earlier flashed using Official ROMs, which worked fine.

Now I need to go back to the official ROM and need help to do it using SD flash. If you can help me with step-by-step on what I need to do.

Where or rather How do I get the .nbh files from ROM? I have the ROM.exe that I downloaded and I have the Mobile_Flasher CAB.

If you can help me with exact steps I need to follow.

Thank you.
ill help ya, you have a stock rom ready to go? you need the nbh or ruu from the stock rom and rename to RHODIMG.nbh put that on root(top,no folders) of sdcard. am i ahead of you or are you at this stage?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

sminkal is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to sminkal

Thank you. I have the .exe file that I downloaded from MightyROM. Not sure if that is different from the StockRom. How do I get nbh or RUU from the exe file. OR should I be downloading something else?

Thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
flash from sd card, flash rom, flashing sd card .nbh, sd rom flasher