PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

sminkal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to sminkal
Re: [WM][Feb 28] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ill help ya, you have a stock rom ready to go? you need the nbh or ruu from the stock rom and rename to RHODIMG.nbh put that on root(top,no folders) of sdcard. am i ahead of you or are you at this stage?
Thank you Darren.

I have the .exe file that I downloaded from MightyROM. Not sure if that is different from the StockRom. How do I get nbh or RUU from the exe file. OR should I be downloading something else?

Thank you.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:07 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

can we text this, im not sure now what you wanna do, flash to stock or custom rom, i dont wanna clog this thread up. pm me you number and ill helpya with whatever you want.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

maybe i see what you want, use this cab to unrar(open) the mighty exe, the file called"ruu signed" will be in there, if your gonna sdcard flash thats what you need, just that file. after you exstract it to sdcard, rename it to RHODIMG.nbh then use mikes(threads) sdflash app. use tp2 to unrar the exe with this cab. you can still text me though.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-02-2010 at 03:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Lurker

sminkal is a n00b

darren.wlsn1. Thank you so much. It worked like a charm. Here are the steps I followed,

1. Start WinRAR on my laptop. Extracted the MightyRom 210 Official Update. password mightyrom.com

2. Formatted my 8 GB SD card FAT32.

3. Copied the 'ruu_signed.nbh that was extracted through WinRAR to the SD Card.

4. Copied and installed 'Mobile_Flasher.cab'.

5. Started the Mobile_Flasher app. Selected the RUU_Signed file as the ROM

6. Selected TP2 option and selected 'Flash ROM'.

7. It started the Installation and I got the message 'RHODIM.nbh - OK'
OS - OK
Update Comlte
Update Success

It is stuck on that screen. Do I need to do anything special for it to finish. Click and hold Power Button??

Thank you.
Sminkal Kacha
Old 03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Lurker

sminkal is a n00b

Update. I just took the battery out after waiting for 10 minutes. It seem to have worked. I have done the career provisioning. A hard-reset on a clean ROM. I say goodbye to LOVE for now and go back to Official ROM.

Thank you Darren.wlsn1.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raph500 Verizon TP (ugh..memory gimped)
Carrier: Verizon

NYCspeedSurfer is a n00b
Cool Re: [WM][Feb 28] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

Quote:
maybe i see what you want, use this cab to unrar(open) the mighty exe, the file called"ruu signed" will be in there, if your gonna sdcard flash thats what you need, just that file. after you exstract it to sdcard, rename it to RHODIMG.nbh then use mikes(threads) sdflash app. use tp2 to unrar the exe with this cab. you can still text me though.

Thanks very much for this most excellent tool! Rec'd my Verizon Touch Pro as an insurance replacement for my lost Mogul. I don't have access to a PC and have been anxious to get a faster, newer ROM over the stock one from Vzn - now I'm about to do my first SD Card flash thanks to you. Also, thanks for the detailed instx on extracting the .nbh file from the ROM's .exe.
One thing on your app - there are two option tick boxes between where you choose ur device and the custom file name box, however, the font is soooo tiny I can't make out what those options are. Can u reply with what they are and consider matching the overall font size on that page in your future releases? Even your screen shots on first post can't show the option tick boxes since that pic shows the drop+down device choices. Searching for my magnifying glass now. lol
Old 03-20-2010, 10:08 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCspeedSurfer View Post
Thanks very much for this most excellent tool! Rec'd my Verizon Touch Pro as an insurance replacement for my lost Mogul. I don't have access to a PC and have been anxious to get a faster, newer ROM over the stock one from Vzn - now I'm about to do my first SD Card flash thanks to you. Also, th

anks for the detailed instx on extracting the .nbh file from the ROM's .exe.
One thing on your app - there are two option tick boxes between where you choose ur device and the custom file name box, however, the font is soooo tiny I can't make out what those options are. Can u reply with what they are and consider matching the overall font size on that page in your future releases? Even your screen shots on first post can't show the option tick boxes since that pic shows the drop+down device choices. Searching for my magnifying glass now. lol
you welcome and the boxes say"enter bootloader"(htc only)
"custom rom name" is the other
@ sminkal, your welcome also.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raph500 Verizon TP (ugh..memory gimped)

NYCspeedSurfer is a n00b

Quote:
you welcome and the boxes say"enter bootloader"(htc only)
"custom rom name" is the other
@ sminkal, your welcome also.
Thanks for ur quick response. Can u pls explain these options? I'm on HTC touch pro. I thought the util automatically ent'd bootloader and then flashed. Do I have to put in RAPH.nbh in custom filename or will the ROM be correctly named based upon my chosen device in the drop down.
Sorry, but some program or install has my font soooo tiny and I can't get it back larger... arghhh!
Old 03-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCspeedSurfer View Post
Thanks for ur quick response. Can u pls explain these options? I'm on HTC touch pro. I thought the util automatically ent'd bootloader and then flashed. Do I have to put in RAPH.nbh in custom filename or will the ROM be correctly named based upon my chosen device in the drop down.
Sorry, but some program or install has my font soooo tiny and I can't get it back larger... arghhh!
All you need to do is go to Setting menu and select Touch Pro in drop down and check the box for enter bootloader. Go back to main screen and then Find ROMs, select the one you want and click flash! Hope this helps.
~mike

Old 03-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Re: [WM] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Well it searches the device and SD. If it finds a nbh it will ask you to rename to proper img name (ie. RHODIMG.nbh for TP2). It will rename and move to root of SD card and send the device into bootloader mode automagically to start flashing process. And no problem thanks for commenting...let us know how it goes.
~mike
I installed the PPC SD Flasher to my device, restarted, copy/pasted MightyROM War (most recent) .exe ROM to the root of my SD card, tried searching for it, then tried searching for it by specific name... NOTHING is found or comes up??? I am stuck it seems....
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
flash from sd card, flash rom, flashing sd card .nbh, sd rom flasher