View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 01:45 PM
ai6908
VIP Member

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: [WM][Feb 28] PPCGeeks SD ROM Flasher v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
-Have you ever flashed successfully from you current SD card before?

I was never able to flash from my 16gb "Generic" SD and was pulling my hair out. I noticed that when the app went into bootloader mode after renaming the nbh- the bootloader would flash "No image" for a split second and sit there.

I then put in my 8gb SAndisk and am flashing from the SD card without problems...

At least for me and maybe for others, some SD cards are crappier then others. I am sticking with Sandisk from now on.

Edit- Yep tried the whole thing over after reformatting Old Generic 16gb- no go.
BTW- it is branded "TopRAM" or "TopCrap" at this point...
They used to recommend use a SD less than 1GB to flash ROMs before. But I have tested it with 4GB card, and it works just fine. So its probably limitations of WM that does not allow you to use a 16GB card to flash.