PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Resizing Photos from PPC - Freeware?

Hi everyone -

I was trying to post some pictures on a forum tonight, but the admin limits all members to a single file upload size of 256kb; when I realized that aside from MMS Picture Messaging limits and integrated compression options before sending, I have absolutely no idea how to resize snap-shots taken on my TP2 after years of PPC use I'm ashamed to say.

What suggestions would you have for on-the-fly photo resizing on the cell phone? A freeware with a file size reduction option, or compression option would be better than an option to simply reduce pixel size (640x480 as an example).

Anyway - Happy New Year and thank you SO MUCH for any advice/download suggestions!

PS: Off topic I know... but just real quick, I would also like to know if anyone has a suggestion for PC photo re-sizing, I want to upload a huge group of about 80 pictures I put into a new folder on my laptop, and want them all the be re-sized in bulk to one default size with a click; but the cell phone program is my focus.
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor
Re: Resizing Photos from PPC - Freeware?

I use XnView Pocket for my on-phone photo editing.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ket-v1-40.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled View Post
I use XnView Pocket for my on-phone photo editing.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ket-v1-40.html
Thanks a lot, I will give that a shot, I also appreciate the link makes it easier to navigate from my phone since I'm on that now and a majority of the time.

Too bad Irfanview doesn't make a mbile version, I haved used their software for years and like their interface. Thanks again!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

It is downloading now in another tab in Opera. Phew, no offense to you obviously because you didn't develop it or anything, but the download link opened up one of those classic Pandora's web-boxes of download perplexity and mental mayhem. The actual real download link surfers are looking for is engulfed and surrounded by countless others, buried deep within the spam-esque spiderweb of oblivion, downsized to nano-pixel size. Once I located and clicked the link, it took me to one of those classic completely redundant 'Download now' pages where the same hide and seek folly was stumbled upon, and when prompted with the 'mobile friendly' download .cab link, that rabbit hole went even deeper. I seriously felt like my blood sugar dropped, and my chest tightened, followed by some severe perspirarion - HAHAHAHA!

Oh man, I will let you know how the program works for sure, and I absolutely and sincerely appreciate your help, I just wanted to make another post in the midst of the download.

Last edited by HTC Touch-Pro; 12-31-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok update:

After downloading, installing, and doing a soft-reset (just in case) I was able to tool around with the new software a little bit - there was of course a pretty obvious learning curve I had to deal with, considering the icons, navigation, etc were all new to me - but that's expected. After about 20 minutes I learned how to browse to, select, and use "tools" to re-size a photo directly on the PPC; it worked well and with continued use the software became easier to utilize.

Thanks so much for the help and the great program recommendation!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software