PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

crevans99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Error Messages....

There are several posts about error messages... Before posting a new one saying the same thing, please read a little bit...

This is most likely not a MobiTV issue, as I am having no problems getting MobiTV on my phone. In addition, MobiTV only has agreements with a few carriers to supply content (not all carriers).

In addition, some of the Sprint TV content is from MobiTV, but a lot of content and the On Demand clips are specific to Sprint.

Many users were installing and using this program, including non-Sprint users. Sprint most likely caught on and shut it down. The new HTC Touch on Sprint includes Sprint TV, so this was probably a prototype for that phone. Hopefully when the Touch is lanched with a new working version of Sprint TV, we can try this again...
Old 10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint) w/ Fresh 1.1 Rom

sprintdude07 is keeping up the good worksprintdude07 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sprintdude07
imma be honest... I got two phones running on sprint network, my other phone w/ sprint tv works perfectly, my mogul does not, so I dont think its a mobitv issue.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint) w/ Fresh 1.1 Rom

sprintdude07 is keeping up the good worksprintdude07 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sprintdude07
Quote:
Originally Posted by crevans99 View Post
There are several posts about error messages... Before posting a new one saying the same thing, please read a little bit...

This is most likely not a MobiTV issue, as I am having no problems getting MobiTV on my phone. In addition, MobiTV only has agreements with a few carriers to supply content (not all carriers).

In addition, some of the Sprint TV content is from MobiTV, but a lot of content and the On Demand clips are specific to Sprint.

Many users were installing and using this program, including non-Sprint users. Sprint most likely caught on and shut it down. The new HTC Touch on Sprint includes Sprint TV, so this was probably a prototype for that phone. Hopefully when the Touch is lanched with a new working version of Sprint TV, we can try this again...
and thats what im thinking too... and its gonna be harder for us sprint users to have sprint tv on the mogul now due to everyone installing it
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

familydog is a n00b
this sprint tv gizmo

I have installed it on my 6700 .. seems to come up and operate.. i get
srcrolling guides and text ... can see channel guides and all.. but every channel i try it starts to load for a bit and says.. channel not available...

anyone get any tv on this thing...?? if so.what channels ?

oops.. sorry guys i just read the above post... LOOKS LIKE THEY WHACKED IT ON US...
BUT.. I THINK ITS LIKE $9 A MONTH OR SOMETHING..AND EACH INSTALL GENERATES A
NEW CUSTOMER NUMBER SPECIFIC TO YOU.. SO YOU COULD PROBABLY GET AN ACCOUNT
AT SPRINT FOR THE BILLING... ILL CHECK INTO IT...

Last edited by familydog; 10-29-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Can anyone confirm that this is a MobiTV issue? I'm honestly starting to think they are just having issues with it right now, as this product hasn't been officaly released yet, perhaps they are still changing settings, etc?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:56 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintdude07 View Post
imma be honest... I got two phones running on sprint network, my other phone w/ sprint tv works perfectly, my mogul does not, so I dont think its a mobitv issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
Can anyone confirm that this is a MobiTV issue? I'm honestly starting to think they are just having issues with it right now, as this product hasn't been officaly released yet, perhaps they are still changing settings, etc?
Did you miss that post?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

kbdalrymple is a n00b
subscription

i actually have a subscription to sprint tv on a 700p and its not working so i'm thinking its a mobitv issue. i emailed sprint tech support so if and when they get back to me i'll post the info
Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
Did you miss that post?
Yes, I read that and everysingle post in this thread, that still doesn't really "confirm" anything, how do you know they use the same servers for pda's and cell phones? All he/she said that on another cell phone it's working.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

mogulworld is a n00b
7000 issue

i have unlimited data plan with sprint. i downloaded the file and watched it all day saturday and sun. today all i get on every channel in 7000 error. i have a friend that has sprint tv that just happened to be stopping by and i asked him if he could try his sprint tv. guess what???? he gets every channel clear. sprint is doing this. there is no doubt about it.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
Yes, I read that and everysingle post in this thread, that still doesn't really "confirm" anything, how do you know they use the same servers for pda's and cell phones? All he/she said that on another cell phone it's working.
If it were a MobiTV issue, other SprintTV devices would not work either.

I mean, there really is no way to "confirm" this anyway. How do you know they use the same servers for the same coasts/states/cities for that matter?

I think it's safe to assume they blocked the WM application due to users on others networks gaining access to the service without being on Sprint's network. They'll probably work it out and release a new version when the Touch is out.

I doubt they will put this on the Touch and negate other PPC users from the service.

Once again, this is all speculation from all of our sides since we have a way of knowing. The only thing we know for a fact, is that everyone that has posted here has no access to the service from their WM PPC devices.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software