PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
If it were a MobiTV issue, other SprintTV devices would not work either.

I mean, there really is no way to "confirm" this anyway. How do you know they use the same servers for the same coasts/states/cities for that matter?

I think it's safe to assume they blocked the WM application due to users on others networks gaining access to the service without being on Sprint's network. They'll probably work it out and release a new version when the Touch is out.

I doubt they will put this on the Touch and negate other PPC users from the service.

Once again, this is all speculation from all of our sides since we have a way of knowing. The only thing we know for a fact, is that everyone that has posted here has no access to the service from their WM PPC devices.
Your absolutely right. Until they formerly announce it, this is officially a "grey" area.

My comment about MobiTV being the issue was how it was explained to me. My source did not go into detail and we only briefly touched on it. My meetings with them are usually very focused on other issues.

Sprints other TV program for the non WM phones is i believe a java app cooked into the OS (like we do our ROM's). If anything the WM version is new and may just be having issues due to an unexpected amount of traffic on a product version which is not officially released yet

Side note:

the STV app contains DRM which generates a unique subscriber key. This key uses handset info to generate helping to insure uniqueness/validity. This along with some other info allows them to document the service request on the Sprint proxys. If you look inside the app you will find this key. Much like say a Windows install, when you fire up the app it checks a database on the server to see what services your player is approved for.

Last edited by canospinach; 10-30-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AAngel3 is a n00b
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
i just got this on my online bill:

Other Charges 689.96

and i have done nothing other than use sprint tv every once and a while. hopefully it has nothing to do with that >.>

im on the sero plan and am well under my monthly minutes.
After seeing this I checked my online bill. They'd charged me $350.00 for the month. I've just spent an hour trying to fix it. We have two Moguls. Both phones are SUPPOSE to have the Power Vision Ultimate pack since we bought the phones (from Amazon) in Sept. After receiving the phones we went to a Sprint Store and had our contacts, etc transfered. There we found out they'd dropped the Power pack from my hubby's phone. They added it and told me to call about any data charges on that phone. I did. CS said they would fix it. Well..they didn't. Not only that but they'd dropped it from MY phone as well. Sprint has reversed the charges for my phone but I have to go back into the store to have the charges on my hubby's phone reversed since CS says the store screwed up. When I bought these phones I called 3 times a week to be sure they'd gotten it right. Now two months later I'm still having to call them. And this is just on our new plan. I'm still dealing with issues on our old plan. I did however check on the Sprint TV charges. None there as it IS part of our Power pack. Now if the Sprint TV would just start working again. LOL
Old 10-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
When I launch the application, I now get this message:

"Thank you for testing Sprint TV on the Touch. Content is currently unvailable in preparation for final launch."

http://www.mobitv.com/sprint/wm/touch/

Last edited by pdx77; 10-30-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

AAngel3 is a n00b
I'm getting that too now.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

mogulworld is a n00b
I used to get the 7000 error but now I get thank you for testing sprint tv on the touch which is currently unavailable
Old 10-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Yeah, I assume everyone is going to be getting that message, so there is hope still that it'll work once the Touch launches
Old 10-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

gutier_luis is a n00b
i get that message too. i closed the app and open it again like 3 times and it let me load the channel list, but it shows the 7000 error....

i guess we were the beta testers for the app that Touch users will enjoy...we should say good by to our trial version
Old 10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Lurker

pr0ducerpj is a n00b
would this work for the pocket pc 6700??
Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
When I try to run this a message pops up saying:

"Your application must be upgraded before continuing. Description: Thank you for testing Sprint TV on the Touch. Content is currently unavailable in preparation for final launch."

What am I doing wrong. I mean, I know Sprint TV isn't free, so is that what it's talking about? ...or am I just doing something wrong here??

-Touche'
Old 10-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Oops, sorry about that, guys... I read a lot of the posts, but didn't go through ALL of them. I see now that everyone seems to be getting the same message. Never mind...

-Touche'
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software