PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
if your radio "disappears" that usually means the hardware is going bad... sometimes, as others posted here, it means you're using a bad battery.

Backup your phone (chances are whatever you are going to do, it will mean wiping your phone, or exchanging it)

1) Plug phone into AC, Soft reset.... radio there? That's probably good news - no radio? Go to step 2
How old is your battery? Maybe get a new one... see if radio sticks around

2) Hard reset phone (still plugged into AC) - then see step 1...

3) uh oh... still no radio? Time to visit sprint. Reflash to Sprint OEM Rom first. Return to store. Point at phone. Say "It's broken... no calls!" and nothing more. Get out wallet, pay $50, get repaired.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cjbreisch is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
if your radio "disappears" that usually means the hardware is going bad... sometimes, as others posted here, it means you're using a bad battery.

Backup your phone (chances are whatever you are going to do, it will mean wiping your phone, or exchanging it)

1) Plug phone into AC, Soft reset.... radio there? That's probably good news - no radio? Go to step 2
How old is your battery? Maybe get a new one... see if radio sticks around

2) Hard reset phone (still plugged into AC) - then see step 1...

3) uh oh... still no radio? Time to visit sprint. Reflash to Sprint OEM Rom first. Return to store. Point at phone. Say "It's broken... no calls!" and nothing more. Get out wallet, pay $50, get repaired.
All correct. Except flashing to a Sprint OEM ROM with no radio is a little tricky. You need to extract all the files out of the APAC...whatever....exe file (it's just an executable Zip file), and then remove the radio.nbf before running the upgrade. You may also need to use one of the _NoID ROM installers. I'm not sure about that.

I just went through this exact process last week, so if you need more detailed instructions I can provide them.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Smile Radio

The best thing to do is to take it to the sprint store and they will replace at no charge. Is better than the 50 dollars you have to pay using your insurance.

Giovanny
Old 11-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Spencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSpencer_Moore is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Spencer_Moore
put the phone in bootloader mode and falsh back to the stock rom, once that done flash back w.e rom you want, i kno this works for me ive done it like nine times
Old 12-22-2007, 05:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretagentmann007 View Post
hey i've lost my radio, just flashed helmi's new wm6 kitchen and i've tried everything i could find. i cant get any signal. "a wiress radio must be attached" after doing the rom i put on the 1.41 radio and it worked fine for about.. 3 hours, then it all went south. no calls no internet nothing. please help i desperately need this phone up and going.
That sounds similar in a way to what happened with the older mogul roms. You would lose internet connectivity due to a corruption of the phones parameters. You could do a hard (factory) reset and it would not help. If you called sprint they would have you enter ##786# on the pad and enter your MSL and it would reset the entire phone and you would have to reprovision the phone like you did when it was new.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks