Old 11-11-2007, 09:21 PM
cjbreisch
PPCGeeks Regular

cjbreisch is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
if your radio "disappears" that usually means the hardware is going bad... sometimes, as others posted here, it means you're using a bad battery.

Backup your phone (chances are whatever you are going to do, it will mean wiping your phone, or exchanging it)

1) Plug phone into AC, Soft reset.... radio there? That's probably good news - no radio? Go to step 2
How old is your battery? Maybe get a new one... see if radio sticks around

2) Hard reset phone (still plugged into AC) - then see step 1...

3) uh oh... still no radio? Time to visit sprint. Reflash to Sprint OEM Rom first. Return to store. Point at phone. Say "It's broken... no calls!" and nothing more. Get out wallet, pay $50, get repaired.
All correct. Except flashing to a Sprint OEM ROM with no radio is a little tricky. You need to extract all the files out of the APAC...whatever....exe file (it's just an executable Zip file), and then remove the radio.nbf before running the upgrade. You may also need to use one of the _NoID ROM installers. I'm not sure about that.

I just went through this exact process last week, so if you need more detailed instructions I can provide them.