PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 05:27 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {{Manila Mod}}[12-Nov-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 - Final Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLok View Post
Thanks for the reply santod! Appreciate your work, and I understand, I just thought I was one of the lucky ones having that issue. :P
No problem, and I hope that you haven't overlooked the rest of my responses to you in my post, as my quotes weren't showing up properly.
Fixed it now, to make them easier to see.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey santod,
thanks to you and the entire team, fantastic work! I used the 2.0 beta since about day 1, and final since a couple hrs from its release. Your challenge log doesn't lie, absolutely great, 100% improvement over the beta in terms of stability.

The only bug i have found is that the auto mark as read feature works perfectly on the email widget, but not on the messaging widget. If it is enabled, it marks the txt as read whether or not a view the widget. So often it marks the txt as read before i unlock the phone. Am i the only one having this problem? O, and lastly, i get some serious lag about 50% of the time on the hd mini style lockscreen (black screen), am I the only one with this problem too??

Thanks in advance!
(and I'm always running the newest NRG, wm6.5 build 21916.5.0.93 sense 2.5 build 2019 with cht2.0 final cooked in, sencity theme.)
Old 11-20-2010, 08:09 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
Hey santod,
thanks to you and the entire team, fantastic work! I used the 2.0 beta since about day 1, and final since a couple hrs from its release. Your challenge log doesn't lie, absolutely great, 100% improvement over the beta in terms of stability.

The only bug i have found is that the auto mark as read feature works perfectly on the email widget, but not on the messaging widget. If it is enabled, it marks the txt as read whether or not a view the widget. So often it marks the txt as read before i unlock the phone. Am i the only one having this problem? O, and lastly, i get some serious lag about 50% of the time on the hd mini style lockscreen (black screen), am I the only one with this problem too??

Thanks in advance!
(and I'm always running the newest NRG, wm6.5 build 21916.5.0.93 sense 2.5 build 2019 with cht2.0 final cooked in, sencity theme.)
Thanks, glad you are liking it.
For the SMS and Email widgets, have you tried the Mark Message As Read setting in each respective widgets settings page in the CHT Editor?
Perhaps you wanna uncheck this, or if it is already unchecked, then maybe on your rom, try it enabled and set the timeout to 20 seconds.
This setting is currently working just fine here, on latest NRGz rom(non-sencity) during my tests to reproduce it.
Though CHT was not cooked in, it was installed by cab.
So perhaps NRGz has already adjusted this setting his own way for you.??

The lag in the lockscreen, mostly comes from the fact that it is built on top of the WinMo lockscreen, so essentially Windows must load, so that Sense can load, so that the lockscreen can appear.
Obviously this is not the most efficient way for this to work and that is not exactly how it happens.
But it gives an idea of what is going on there anyway.
Of course you realize, the lag is much less on an HD2.
Now having said that, don't think that an alternative approach for this isn't being looked into.

Last edited by santod; 11-20-2010 at 08:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does anyone find the messages widget hard to scroll through the messages. For me its like a hit or miss. I can swype 10 times and not have it scroll once and other times it scrolls just one way.

I have yet to scroll once down and once up. Its so frustrating. So I avoid using it all together.

The same with the email widget I dont even know if it scrolls because it never does.

Anyways I'm in no way ungrateful because you've created an excellent add on here santod.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:41 AM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Does anyone find the messages widget hard to scroll through the messages. For me its like a hit or miss. I can swype 10 times and not have it scroll once and other times it scrolls just one way.

I have yet to scroll once down and once up. Its so frustrating. So I avoid using it all together.

The same with the email widget I dont even know if it scrolls because it never does.

Anyways I'm in no way ungrateful because you've created an excellent add on here santod.
I have not encountered any issues with those widgets being non-responsive when swiping, or had any other reports of it.
Are you sure you have a clean install of 2.0 Final?
Did you install it over 2.0 Beta or 1.8.5?
I can't see any other reason that you would have those types of issues.
Especially since I have not heard this mentioned once yet, after thousands of downloads, between here and XDA.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I have not encountered any issues with those widgets being non-responsive when swiping, or had any other reports of it.
Are you sure you have a clean install of 2.0 Final?
Did you install it over 2.0 Beta or 1.8.5?
I can't see any other reason that you would have those types of issues.
Especially since I have not heard this mentioned once yet, after thousands of downloads, between here and XDA.
Dam!!!

Well thats a pretty definitive answer!

Idk It was cooked into sharkies v2.0r2 rom.

I dont know I guess Ill try a hard reset or reflash and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:16 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have noticed this as well ^. I only use the txt widget and most the time it won't scroll, flick it up/down nothing, yes I have more than 1 message. Same rom as above, offical 2.0 r 1. And using final cht.

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2010, 08:37 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
I have noticed this as well ^. I only use the txt widget and most the time it won't scroll, flick it up/down nothing, yes I have more than 1 message. Same rom as above, offical 2.0 r 1. And using final cht.

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk
May I suggest a different rom then maybe.
When cooked in properly. I have no issues with these widgets.
Not saying Sharkie does a bad job, just saying that there is a commonality there worth looking at, besides CHT itself.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:39 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

We, the CHT teams, have found a solution for the 10 slots for widget issue.
After we had changed things we are now in state to use 20 widgets at all (0..19).
It is tested on HD2 and TP2 WM phones, and it's running without any issue until now.

The new file was tested by santod040, MichelDiamond, poyensa and Mike2nl.

My last test was to use 20 widgets on the HD2 about the performance. And yes it does the work .
How to install the fix:

1. unzip the manila file
2. switch off sense
3. copy the 7c60907d_manila file o the \Windows directory
4. restart your phone
5. swicth on sense
6. have fun to install more widgets now
7. follow the install routine from every widget
Last but not least, thank you to all involved team members...

Attached Files:
7c60907d_manila.zip 9.7 KB
Old 12-03-2010, 11:05 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
May I suggest a different rom then maybe.
When cooked in properly. I have no issues with these widgets.
Not saying Sharkie does a bad job, just saying that there is a commonality there worth looking at, besides CHT itself.
stuck on the rom but i'll mention it to sharkie and see if he can look into it. do you know what files might need double checking for this issue or is it not that simple? i do remember is working when final just came out and i would install via cab but just didnt really notice till modmy pc mentioned it as well (i know he was on the same rom)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software