PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 02:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {{Manila Mod}}[26-Sep-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 Beta

Hey santon, thanks for the early update posted a couple pages back I've been using it for about 24hrs. The CHT in general is much faster and smoother now, epically the animations and swiping from left to right on the homescreen. 24 hrs hasn't really given me enough time to fully analyze the change in battery life, but it seems to be saving a lot of battery when the screen is off.

Stability seems to have increased slightly. All previous problem's I've experience seem to be gone (fingers crossed, it's still day one lol) but I've getting the error of not being able to see/interact w/ the home screen more often now than before. (suppose i go to the start menu, if i try to go home, i just see the start menu and clicking the screen does nothing. Although i can access every other part of the phone besides cht. restarting sense or soft resetting fixes the problem).

btw These experiences come from using an overclocked Sprint Touch Pro 2. Oct 25th wm6.5 (build 21916) energy rom

Again, thank you very much for all of your hard work (and the rest of the team). If you ever need another tester, please pm me. Moreover, I'm in school for programming right now, so if you guys don't have enough free time to get some somewhat simple stuff done let me now.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint :: MightyROM SE 05.01.10

abodamer is becoming a great contributor

Feedback...
Running 2.0 Beta with the chtstate108f fix on Neodium 10/20 ROM. I'm using the CHT lockscreen w/ no other lockscreen installed.
Today, I have experienced:
1) a black screen of unresponsive death, soft reset phone manually
2) periodically, when switching from the home page to the regular sense tabs, the sense tabs fail to appear at the bottom. The only way to get them back is to swipe through sense back to the home screen & retry...which generally brings up sense correctly.

Any advice? I have backgrounds set on HQ & full eye candy... am I taxing the TP2 processor too much?
Old 10-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Just an small bug update.

I got a new TP2 (scored on CL for $120 mint!!)

so this was a chance to try a "clean" install

Install went great. restoring the backup worked nicely.

alas the "shifted" screen for quicklinks happens on the new unit as well. this is a 100% clean factory reset install of NOTHING but cht and cht editor.

No other programs or installations at all. running stock 6.5 sprint rom.

I have also never been able to get CHT to run on the T-Mobile TP2 running 6.5 with net3.5.

It also still messes with the quicklinks. (I was wondering if maybe something we all installed was causing that this says no)

Now that I have 2 tp2's I am willing to screw around with one so if you want me to test anything just let me know.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Got some more info. had to hard reset so I tried a different tact installing this time.

I notice the quicklinks DO NOT do the half screen slide thing until I "restore" my cht backup. Then it does it. SO there is something "in" the backup file causing this ???

Suggestions? is there a way to undo a backup? ie "reset" cht ? maybe if I make my interface over again and make a backup before it "does" the half slide thing I can avoid it.

also the backup remember the bottom skinning but DOES NOT remember the top skinning. I have to go in and select that again. it also does not remember the lock screen wallpaper.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:07 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Got some more info. had to hard reset so I tried a different tact installing this time.

I notice the quicklinks DO NOT do the half screen slide thing until I "restore" my cht backup. Then it does it. SO there is something "in" the backup file causing this ???

Suggestions? is there a way to undo a backup? ie "reset" cht ? maybe if I make my interface over again and make a backup before it "does" the half slide thing I can avoid it.

also the backup remember the bottom skinning but DOES NOT remember the top skinning. I have to go in and select that again. it also does not remember the lock screen wallpaper.
Restore Defaults from within CHT Editor. Just hit the Menu button/Restore Defaults, inside the CHTE UI.
I knew you had done something to mess up your quicklinks, as there is never an issue with them for me.
There was a fix or two made to the quicklinks as well, in the last update of the Editor, so importing old to the new, may cause the conflict you are seeing.

I personally always suggest setting everything from scratch, anytime there are strange issues after an import.
Best way to rule out the conflict.

Also, with CHTS, you can save profiles, which will then store your wallpaper or wallpaper directory for when you save a backup with CHTS.
Then upon restoring a profile, it will have saved your wallpaper as well.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 10-31-2010 at 06:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

"I knew you had done something to mess up your quicklinks" ahh slight correction. CHT had done something to mess up my quicklinks all I can do is add remove or move. everything else is CHT

I deleted all QL's no joy still does it so now I will do the reset and see how it goes.

doing a reset caused cprog and manilla to crash but it did sort itself and it does not do the half slide thing now. Time to redo all the settings again

Last edited by nerys; 10-31-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Its being very naughty. keeps crashing manilla and now its starting to "remember" bits and pieces of my saved backup even though I reset it so I am hard resetting and will try again but delete the backups from the sd card first
Old 10-31-2010, 11:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

mliksa87 is just getting started

im running mr x 6.5 rom overclocked to 729. it works great for me. no issues and ive had it since the beta came out. that fix a few posts back helped with the speed but other than that im really liking this mod. thanks again for it.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:14 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

i have a minor complaint i noticed it this morning when i woke up. last night when i went to bed everything was setup on my device when i woke up my clocks were gone my quicklinks tabs was gone and i noticed i had a compact clock on my lock screen where i didn't have 1 there i don't know if any1 else has had that happen but can some1 tell me what might have happened ????
Old 11-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
i have a minor complaint i noticed it this morning when i woke up. last night when i went to bed everything was setup on my device when i woke up my clocks were gone my quicklinks tabs was gone and i noticed i had a compact clock on my lock screen where i didn't have 1 there i don't know if any1 else has had that happen but can some1 tell me what might have happened ????
I had the exact same thing happen to me last nite at the bar and couldn't figure out why. I had to uninstall cht, softreset, then reinstall it. All quicklinks and widgets returned to their respective homes but i did have to reinstall all the transparency cabs. Anyone else have this happen to them recently?

Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software