PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

my percentages are in the mid to upper 80s if i browse the web for a while it shuts down all other apps (palringo). usually i soft reset and it fixes that issue for a while...would simply turning sense off and then back on fix that instead of a soft reset?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: {{Manila Mod}}Co0kie's Home Tab v1.8.5{{19-Jun-2010}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

my percentages are in the mid to upper 80s if i browse the web for a while it shuts down all other apps (palringo). usually i soft reset and it fixes that issue for a while...would simply turning sense off and then back on fix that instead of a soft reset?
Not really, since I don't believe it is Sense causing the ram to climb.
Sounds to me like using your browser and having all the temporary internet files being stored is leading to your issue.
Do you clean your temp internet files now and then?
Try out CleanRam, if you are really having Ram issues.
Last words of advice, is that it is not due to HTC Sense or CHT, check your processes with a Task Manager to see what apps are causing your ram drain.
I think you would quickly find that manila(sense, CHT) is using around the same amount, pretty consistently, with no growth after extended period s of time. GWES.exe is usually what grows out of control.
Anyhow, this is irrelelvant to CHT and you should do as I suggested here and before and check your running processes with a Task Manager.
See what is really causing your ram loss, before you go assuming it's due to CHT or anything else unrelated.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

remember im fresh off a hard reset im not blaming the cht or anything jus statting what ive noticed i love the app. Im aware that the tp2 is limited on ram so i expect memory leaks regardless. But once i turned off sense and went to windows default i dropped from 88% to 64%. Just was citing what i was encountering just incase these issues werent brought up yet. i cleared my temp internet files so ill give it a try again just to see any differences. Like i said i love the app. jus trying to help point out the any possible issues
Old 06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EvO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

blackrain is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Sounds like you have installed, either BG4all,
the HQwallpaper patch, or some other mode9 mod, that has effected your setup.
Not to mention the fact, that CHT 1.8.5 disables all animated wallpapers on install.
Have you installed any mods?
Especially BG4all or the HDwalls HQwallpaper patch?
You do not need those on CHT 1.8.5 and if you have them installed, you will need to uninstall them and reinstall CHT.
yeah I think i had bg4all installed just got around to h/r gonna see how this plays out.

Oh yeah Santod not sure if you remember or not I was the guy who had you do the aqua master clock and I sent you like 5 other watches. I was wondering if you ever got around to doing any of those other clocks?

Last edited by blackrain; 06-24-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Adding addt'l comment
Old 06-24-2010, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Instinct
Carrier: sprint

pistu is just getting started

Alright one more question, I finally figured out how to sync my phone to my outlook exchange server. Now when I lock my phone the lock screen shows my calendar with the next upcoming task. Is there a way to disable it? I am using the default screen and not the CHT lockscreen since mine is password protected. The question in regards to CHT is whether I can show the calendar on my home screen just above the quicklinks, I see tasks and appointments but neither of them show the calendar from the outlook.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ok quick question, I am not sure if this is the right place to as or not, but how do you get the hdwalls program to skin the taskbar? I have seen others that do it, but i am not sure if they are running the CHT 1.8.5.1.... also does anyone know how to remove the carrier name from the home screen?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
Ok quick question, I am not sure if this is the right place to as or not, but how do you get the hdwalls program to skin the taskbar? I have seen others that do it, but i am not sure if they are running the CHT 1.8.5.1.... also does anyone know how to remove the carrier name from the home screen?
Are you using CHT 1.8.5? Or not?
If so, taskbar and softkey bar skinning is built in.
The default wallpaper mode is now High Quality, just set your wallpaper in the CHT right softkey menu, which is also where you would skin the bars from.

To remove carrier text, that is in the miscellaneous settings of the CHT editor.

If you are not using CHT, then yes, you are in the wrong thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
The default wallpaper mode is now High Quality, just set your wallpaper in the CHT right softkey menu, which is also where you would skin the bars from.

To remove carrier text, that is in the miscellaneous settings of the CHT editor.

Yes I am using CHT, and it is 1.8.5.1. as always thank you Santod. I found the carrier text, and changed that thank you.

But I dont see an option to skin the taskbar and softkeys, I have it set to using HDwalls, I guess I should set it to high quality then in order to skin the bars?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Instinct
Carrier: sprint

pistu is just getting started

Santod, didnt know I could remove the carrier text till I saw the post guess you learn something new everyday. Is there a setting in CHT where I can set up my outlook calendar to show in home page?

Quote:

Old 06-24-2010, 08:26 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
Yes I am using CHT, and it is 1.8.5.1. as always thank you Santod. I found the carrier text, and changed that thank you.

But I dont see an option to skin the taskbar and softkeys, I have it set to using HDwalls, I guess I should set it to high quality then in order to skin the bars?
Co0kies Home Tab is 1.8.5
Co0kie's Home Tab Editor is 1.8.5.1

Now that that's out of the way, you should just use the new HQwallpaper feature built into 1.8.5 to skin the bars, as there is no cabbing necessary and the quality is equal to HDwalls, if not better.

When you tap your right softkey on the Homescreen, labeled MENU, then set wallpaper, you should see an option at the bottom to skin both bars or each bar individually.
Do you not see that option in your menu?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software