PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

zerodark657 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23049

I mean the input method where you write using the stylus, kind of like block recognizer but with actual letters as opposed to wierd symbols that resemble letters.

Its a bar that appears along the bottom 1/4 of the screen with three sections, one for uppercase letters, another for lowercase, and the third for numbers/symbols. Does this make sense? If you try and write a text, email, or note on an OEM 6.1 phone you'll see a drop down menu next to the keyboard icon at the bottom of the screen. There will be an option for keyboard, letter recognizer, and block recognizer.

I kind of figured that 6.5 might not support it since it seems to want to do away with the stylus, but if that's the case it would be odd to have a settings menu where you can choose the default method.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes I see, there is no dropdown menu anymore. I will look at this tonite to see if anything can be done. I need to look at this other issue that justusIv is having also.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

zerodark657 is a n00b

Thanks! For whatever its worth, its not that the dropdown menu is disabled. If you go into the input settings menu (settings->personal), the drop down under input menu only lists the regular keyboard and finger keyboard. It like the block and letter recognizer and the transcriber options have been deleted.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes, I noticed that as well.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Hey mattsm,
The post about the reg i made earlier does appear to work. Basically just disabling the app closing without your promission. I dont really have any details about it i just found it on here and xda. If you have any questions let me know i would be more then happy to try and help.

Thanks for your hard work on the great rom.
JustusIV
Old 09-15-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Thanks, I just read your edit before your post. lol
I am at home right now with a bad ear ache, so just reading up and looking at a few things. Thanks for this info.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

andrewjb is becoming a great contributor

When composing an email exchange I found that the button I expected to be the send envelop it was actually a button for "Reply All." I installed the ReplyAllFix.cab and the problem is corrected.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ReplyAllFix.cab (2.2 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tneck22 is a n00b

Hey Mattsm,

I have a few questions that I would like to know if I can fix:
1. When in the messaging screen (created aol folder), the button on the bar that you press to send/receive or creat new messages has disappeared. How do I correct this?
2. On the start menu, I have to microsoft flag icons, instead of one flag, and one lock icon.
3. When I get a reminder alrm from the calender, all I see is "snooze" instead of the former listing of time choices (5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 1 hour). How can I get the choices back?
4. Has there been any progress with getting the task mgr on the top of the screen?

Thanks for a great ROM.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneck22 View Post
Hey Mattsm,

I have a few questions that I would like to know if I can fix:
1. When in the messaging screen (created aol folder), the button on the bar that you press to send/receive or creat new messages has disappeared. How do I correct this?
2. On the start menu, I have to microsoft flag icons, instead of one flag, and one lock icon.
3. When I get a reminder alrm from the calender, all I see is "snooze" instead of the former listing of time choices (5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 1 hour). How can I get the choices back?
4. Has there been any progress with getting the task mgr on the top of the screen?

Thanks for a great ROM.
Whose system files are you using?

The task manager has been on the bottom of my list right now so no.
I just use the one in start menu and have it mapped to vc button right now.
I also exit out of programs when exit is available.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:45 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjb View Post
When composing an email exchange I found that the button I expected to be the send envelop it was actually a button for "Reply All." I installed the ReplyAllFix.cab and the problem is corrected.

something here is not making sense. hmmm.
I have that cooked into the rom. Will look at this too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development