PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE...And Already Rooted!
Carrier: Sprint (You Love 'Em and Sometimes I Just Wanna Ch

brooklyn6 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

I've been trying it out and it works so much faster than the 20924 kitchen. Good job indeed.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

imjrt2002 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to imjrt2002 Send a message via MSN to imjrt2002 Send a message via Yahoo to imjrt2002

One issue that I've run into (other than the before mentioned scrolling selection and button mapping issues) is that messages aren't being marked as 'read' automaticaly, you have to select 'mark as read'. This issue along with the scrolling selection issue seemed to be resolved in ...24, and seem to have returned. However, these issues are very minor and easy to live with in my opinion. The speed improvements still make this rom well worth the build. Thanks again.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This build is working pretty good for me. I am having issue with MMS not working (VZW). I added all the fixes I have in my own signature and still having issues sending and receiving MMS. If I try to create a picture message it does not let me see the pictures when you click add media and go into media picker nothing is there. Also if I go to Programs-> Pictures and Videos it is very slow to scroll through pictures. Almost like it is lagging to load the next page when you click down on the d-pad.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

bradleyem is just getting started

I cooked up this one last night. Thought all was well......it was pretty quick, and everything seemed to be working. Installed TomTom 6 and got GPS lock without having to use AstroGPS. Still have to soft reset occasionally because of a memory leak, but I don't think the problem is with the build. I cooked a bare bones ROM and program memory stayed around 24.5M Good chance the memory leak is in HTC home, but not quite ready to give that up yet.

Now for the bad...

My phone was surprizingly quiet today, being Thanksgiving and all. Since I'm the only tech in the area, I usually get at least one urgent emergency call on every holiday

I happened to look at my phone, and noticed that I had missed a call. In fact I had missed several calls. I never heard the phone ring. Thats because it doesn't ring.....at all. If I call it no sound, you can see the call box try to pop up, but it never does. The calendar soft button switches to "call status", but that is the only indication that there is a call coming in. No missed call alert sound, but the missed call count does change. If you leave a voicemail, I do get the voicemail alert. Also, the dial pad is messed up. The numbers appear ok, but some of the buttons (the backspace button, and call history) are only half there. The other buttons are missing altogether. Another problem is that "contacts" doesn't work. I can't get the contacts to come up with the soft buttons or the start menu. The contacts ARE there though, because when someone calls me their name is displayed. I haven't tried MMS yet. I'm going to cook a bare bones ROM and see if that works any better. Attached is my selections, in case anyone might be able to think of anything.
Attached Files
File Type: txt My 20931 Selections.txt (5.3 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, more info......looks like text & MMS work fine. Not only that, when sending them, if I click on the "To:" field, the contacts list pops up just fine
Old 11-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyem View Post
I cooked up this one last night. Thought all was well......it was pretty quick, and everything seemed to be working. Installed TomTom 6 and got GPS lock without having to use AstroGPS. Still have to soft reset occasionally because of a memory leak, but I don't think the problem is with the build. I cooked a bare bones ROM and program memory stayed around 24.5M Good chance the memory leak is in HTC home, but not quite ready to give that up yet.

Now for the bad...

My phone was surprizingly quiet today, being Thanksgiving and all. Since I'm the only tech in the area, I usually get at least one urgent emergency call on every holiday

I happened to look at my phone, and noticed that I had missed a call. In fact I had missed several calls. I never heard the phone ring. Thats because it doesn't ring.....at all. If I call it no sound, you can see the call box try to pop up, but it never does. The calendar soft button switches to "call status", but that is the only indication that there is a call coming in. No missed call alert sound, but the missed call count does change. If you leave a voicemail, I do get the voicemail alert. Also, the dial pad is messed up. The numbers appear ok, but some of the buttons (the backspace button, and call history) are only half there. The other buttons are missing altogether. Another problem is that "contacts" doesn't work. I can't get the contacts to come up with the soft buttons or the start menu. The contacts ARE there though, because when someone calls me their name is displayed. I haven't tried MMS yet. I'm going to cook a bare bones ROM and see if that works any better. Attached is my selections, in case anyone might be able to think of anything.
First...you don't have a memory leak! Just because something uses a lot of memory and you don't know how to get it back does not mean there is a "leak".

It sounds like you have a dialer/smartdial issue and a contact program issue. Build without those and see if you are better.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
First...you don't have a memory leak! Just because something uses a lot of memory and you don't know how to get it back does not mean there is a "leak".
I say memory leak, because at soft reset I start off with ~20MB free program memory. It then evens out at ~17MB as everything loads up. Then it will start dropping ~.05MB or so every few seconds. This is without touching anything. Not running any apps at all, just watching the memory from boot up. It slowly but steadily drops, and you can noticibly see it dropping until the system becomes pretty slow and I cant run any apps (typically around 5MB or so). I know that there is an app using memory, but I'm not actually doing anything at all.....just watching the memory drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
It sounds like you have a dialer/smartdial issue and a contact program issue. Build without those and see if you are better.
As far as dialers, I'm using the HTC Diamond dialer, which worked fine before. I also have HTC Smartdialing and ## codes selected.

For contacts, I just use the plain OEM contacts since it seems to work the best synching with Outlook through Exchange.

These are pretty much the same selections that I made in 20755, and the only one of these issues that I had with that was the memory dropping, which I can live with doing a soft reset every so often until I find out for sure which app is the cause.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, I saw in another thread where you suggested to remove Smartdial to resolve the no ringing problem, so building a new ROM without it now. Thanks gguruusa for what appears to be another awesome build.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, it looks like removing Smartdial took care of the phone not ringing problem, but my contacts still don't work.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Bradleyem post your selections text. There is one of the contact programs that causes that to happen.
Edit i just saw you had posted it. The problem is likely the PPCContacts Manager. Rebuild and don't select it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development