View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 06:00 PM
bradleyem
PPCGeeks Regular

bradleyem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

I cooked up this one last night. Thought all was well......it was pretty quick, and everything seemed to be working. Installed TomTom 6 and got GPS lock without having to use AstroGPS. Still have to soft reset occasionally because of a memory leak, but I don't think the problem is with the build. I cooked a bare bones ROM and program memory stayed around 24.5M Good chance the memory leak is in HTC home, but not quite ready to give that up yet.

Now for the bad...

My phone was surprizingly quiet today, being Thanksgiving and all. Since I'm the only tech in the area, I usually get at least one urgent emergency call on every holiday

I happened to look at my phone, and noticed that I had missed a call. In fact I had missed several calls. I never heard the phone ring. Thats because it doesn't ring.....at all. If I call it no sound, you can see the call box try to pop up, but it never does. The calendar soft button switches to "call status", but that is the only indication that there is a call coming in. No missed call alert sound, but the missed call count does change. If you leave a voicemail, I do get the voicemail alert. Also, the dial pad is messed up. The numbers appear ok, but some of the buttons (the backspace button, and call history) are only half there. The other buttons are missing altogether. Another problem is that "contacts" doesn't work. I can't get the contacts to come up with the soft buttons or the start menu. The contacts ARE there though, because when someone calls me their name is displayed. I haven't tried MMS yet. I'm going to cook a bare bones ROM and see if that works any better. Attached is my selections, in case anyone might be able to think of anything.
Attached Files
File Type: txt My 20931 Selections.txt (5.3 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!