PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 21042 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Did you get the updates I pushed out Sunday? The first wave of configuration files pushed by updater were incorrect, causing a hang on 1st splash. The update pushed Sunday, in addition to OEM updates/additions, pushed the correct configuration files out.
I assume i can just delete the rar files from the kitchen and redownload from the updater? Thx for the info.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
I assume i can just delete the rar files from the kitchen and redownload from the updater? Thx for the info.
No need to delete. Updater will overwrite.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: ntelos

junk0 is a n00b

21042 is working great. Only 2 days of use but by now I would normally see the major memory leak or other problems.

It is steady and working (internet, text, phone).
Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

I was having issues left and right since the update came out, even after the pushed fix for the update. Went out of town for a few days to get some stress released , Came back, uninstalled everything, and cleaned all the BuildOS/PPC stuff off my new computer... Reinstalled it and everything worked flawless since.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 04-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

New Build, WM6.5. I installed just the rom with no issues. Works great. Base Install was bulky! I had to install MemMaid, and I got 22mb with no other software installed. Runs great.

However when doing through the Kitchen, a full base install. I notice that it still only has Titan_WM6.1, Instead of 6.5 Avail. Rom builds fine through BuildOS. Burns onto the device with no issues. However has the same issue that was stated on 21042. Freezes on the 2nd Splash Screen. When not on the charger, the 2nd splash screen blanks out and stays that way continuously.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Bell

benven is just getting started

Just want to say thanks to everyone involved with these builds. Hopefully some constructive fedback below to help improve things. I am also going to copy this into Tplane's thread on XDA.

I have flashed a bunch of 6.5 ROMs. No real issues with any of them. I have noticed a few issues with this 501 build. GPS doesn't lock. A few programs don't show up in the start menu. The ones I have selected and observed to do this are Quick Menu, dotFed Task Manager and Total Commander.

So, I decided to flash back to 500 using PPCK. But before that I wanted to try the new QVGA WM7 Titanium theme. Well it must have borked soemthing and now I don't get Titanium on my today screen even with a fresh flash of 500??? Hopefully, with the next flash, I can get Titanium back up. With 500 back on my device, GPS locks in 15-20 sec. Good thing cause I need it for a road trip this weekend. The above mentioned programs still don't show in the start menu.

I continue to see the Opal Phone Canvas dialer blur when scrolling thru the call, contact list. Don't notice this with the other 3 or 4 dialers I have flashed in.

The 6.5 lock screen slide to answer dialer has never come up with the name or photo of the person calling. It only shows up after I answer. And when the scrren is locked and running with the Phone Canvas dialer, the green hardware answer key does not work very often. Need to slide to answer and even then, it is difficult. I missed alot of calls yesterday!

That's it for now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

swinkakink is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to swinkakink Send a message via AIM to swinkakink Send a message via MSN to swinkakink Send a message via Yahoo to swinkakink Send a message via Skype™ to swinkakink

Love the new 6.5 kitchen. I love how you can scroll through any window with a flick of your finger. The biggest problem that I'm having though is with the wifi. After I flash, it takes just 3 soft resets and then it won't detect the wifi card. I've never installed a 6.5 kitchen before so I don't know anything about this issue. I haven't seen it in any other forums that I've searched through though. Is this common? Is there a quick fix? I kinda need wifi because I use wmwifirouter when I'm away to access the internet. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Bell

benven is just getting started

FOund out why Titanium was borked. Missing QVGA cpr files. They didn't even get copied back in with the new flash back to 500?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Reliance India

gadgetcrazy is just getting started

I cant update. It says some file not found and I have to rollback all the updates. In general the updating has always been very slow for me, though I do have a decent connection speed.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

Quick question, when the kitchen opens, you have to click on the "device" and a build. I click the 6.5_96DPI_QVGA_21501_0409 and there is only one option in the top right box, Titan_WM6.1. If I click on those, in the main screen the OS says WM6.1 and is grayed out so I cant change it to 6.5. How do I get to 6.5? thanks...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development