PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 05:17 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

so here is another one of those noobie questions. i have read this entire thread an search the forums but still have some doubts. sorry in advance an thanks in advance.

my phone is threw sprint, htc touch (vogue). i upgraded to the wm 6.1. the ROM version is 3.03.651.4 an the radio version is 3.42.30 the computer i use is windows vista. i tried upgrading to the 6.1 myself but had problems keeping it connected to activesync(always disconnect an cancel download), so i took it to the sprint store to upgrade.

when u say connect to a USB port for flashing an not a USB HUB? explain. i have 3 places to connect to. whats what. i do have the memory card and an adapter.

u say download an install .net framework v.2.0, on PC or PPC? i have .net cf 3.5 on my PPC. (guessing PC? an this is for the unlocking process or no?)

i was going to use nueSPL2.47 threw the sd card cuz it sounded easy, will that work for my phone? i know it would have to be renamed but to what for the vogue? (ok so i found the link for unlocking the vogue, sorry; http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

so say i got threw the process of unlocking my phone, the next step is the radio, but i believe i have the right #s already (3.42.30). so do i skip the whole part of putting the phone back into bootloader to set up the radio? if thats the case were do i go from unlocking to adding the custom ROM.

i was thinking about using WDM's Diamond themed ROM. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36924

ok jus wanted to say sorry agian cuz as i was writing this post i answered sum of my questions, an if this is in the wrong thread my apoligize to all u, thanks for n e feed back or points in a right direction.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

When I say do not connect through a HUB, I mean if you have one USB port that has an adapter (HUB) that turns that one port into 3 ports. Make sure your cable is attached to a "built in" USB port.
The .Net Framwork I spoke of is to be installed on your PC.
Your other Questions will be better answered in the Vogue forum.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-13-2008, 01:26 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i was going to use nueSPL2.47 threw the sd card cuz it sounded easy, will that work for my phone? i know it would have to be renamed but to what for the vogue? (ok so i found the link for unlocking the vogue, sorry; http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

so say i got threw the process of unlocking my phone, the next step is the radio, but i believe i have the right #s already (3.42.30). so do i skip the whole part of putting the phone back into bootloader to set up the radio? if thats the case were do i go from unlocking to adding the custom ROM.

i was thinking about using WDM's Diamond themed ROM. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36924

ok jus wanted to say sorry agian cuz as i was writing this post i answered sum of my questions, an if this is in the wrong thread my apoligize to all u, thanks for n e feed back or points in a right direction.
Well I wont cover the ones GaMedic answered

nueSPL2.47 will not work on the Vogue, it's only for the Titan (i see you already found the ImCoKeMaN unlocker thread

since you already have 3.X Radio (3.42.30) then No! You do not need to mess w/ radio flash... any instructions in tutorial(s) reference the radio upgrade as it is required to be 3.X Radio for GPS 3.X ROMS (and can be skipped) - make sure you got 2.31 bootloader and you can flash custom ROM of your choice from bootloader mode
Old 09-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Talking Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Well I thought I would make my 1000th post a completely useless post. So here it is, about as useles as can be. LOL=D>
Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
Well I thought I would make my 1000th post a completely useless post. So here it is, about as useles as can be. LOL=D>
WOO!!!!:r oll: now thats useless

~chevy
Radio: 3.42.50
Old 09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp

acizurqpid is a n00b

my camera button is no longer working, how can i get into bootloader now?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

What caused your camera button not to work. Try going to settings>buttons and remap the button to camera and see if that helps. I don't know of another way to get into bootloader.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp

acizurqpid is a n00b

i think i just dropped my phone one too many times. it's mapped correctly, but just not launching camera when i press it.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

MyMogulIsBetta is a n00b
Angry Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

OK I have gone through the building process and when it builds like towards the end it starts asking about do I want to overwrite the files... I have tried clicking yes to all of them and no to all of them and at the end I get the same error message "Kitchens\PPCGeeks_OEM.rar File Create Error"... not sure what I am doing wrong, please help!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800

MyMogulIsBetta is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMogulIsBetta View Post
OK I have gone through the building process and when it builds like towards the end it starts asking about do I want to overwrite the files... I have tried clicking yes to all of them and no to all of them and at the end I get the same error message "Kitchens\PPCGeeks_OEM.rar File Create Error"... not sure what I am doing wrong, please help!
NEVERMIND.... GOT IT TO WORK!! WOO HOOO!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development