View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 05:17 PM
kjhadfield
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

so here is another one of those noobie questions. i have read this entire thread an search the forums but still have some doubts. sorry in advance an thanks in advance.

my phone is threw sprint, htc touch (vogue). i upgraded to the wm 6.1. the ROM version is 3.03.651.4 an the radio version is 3.42.30 the computer i use is windows vista. i tried upgrading to the 6.1 myself but had problems keeping it connected to activesync(always disconnect an cancel download), so i took it to the sprint store to upgrade.

when u say connect to a USB port for flashing an not a USB HUB? explain. i have 3 places to connect to. whats what. i do have the memory card and an adapter.

u say download an install .net framework v.2.0, on PC or PPC? i have .net cf 3.5 on my PPC. (guessing PC? an this is for the unlocking process or no?)

i was going to use nueSPL2.47 threw the sd card cuz it sounded easy, will that work for my phone? i know it would have to be renamed but to what for the vogue? (ok so i found the link for unlocking the vogue, sorry; http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

so say i got threw the process of unlocking my phone, the next step is the radio, but i believe i have the right #s already (3.42.30). so do i skip the whole part of putting the phone back into bootloader to set up the radio? if thats the case were do i go from unlocking to adding the custom ROM.

i was thinking about using WDM's Diamond themed ROM. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36924

ok jus wanted to say sorry agian cuz as i was writing this post i answered sum of my questions, an if this is in the wrong thread my apoligize to all u, thanks for n e feed back or points in a right direction.