PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Yes it is better to do it with a card reader or you can use nuespl. I have not personnaly used nuespl to format so I cannot tell exactly how to do it. I just used a card reader, right clicked on the card and used format. I use a 2gb card as well. Actually 2 of them and they both work fine. Make sure the file is on the root of the storage card and it is named TITAIMG.nbh. If the screen that pops up is grey then yes it is trying to read the file.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Yes it is better to do it with a card reader or you can use nuespl. I have not personnaly used nuespl to format so I cannot tell exactly how to do it. I just used a card reader, right clicked on the card and used format. I use a 2gb card as well. Actually 2 of them and they both work fine. Make sure the file is on the root of the storage card and it is named TITAIMG.nbh. If the screen that pops up is grey then yes it is trying to read the file.
Card reader did the trick. Upgraded nice and easy. Funny though, it seemed to lock onto GPS sats slower than the older radio. Then again, living where I do (notorious for horrible GPS reception), it's hard to tell.

THANKS!!!!

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The first lock for me is kinda slow. After I have done a couple of locks on a new ROM it seems to work faster after that. Even after soft resets. Glad your up and running. Hope you enjoy!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch-HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

patrickgies is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to patrickgies Send a message via MSN to patrickgies Send a message via Yahoo to patrickgies

VERY NEW HERE....i am trying to cook and create my own roms...i just bought a 6800 off of ebay and upgraded to alltel's newest rom...RUU_TITAN_ALLTEL_WWE_3.35.671.9_RS_TITAN_03. 37.20_Alltel_2.01_AM_PPST_Ship
which from what i understand updated my radio to 3.35
after this i updated to a build--forgot the build
got home didnt like a few things went to change the build, now my phone is locking up every 30 secs or so and than i have to do a restart sometimes take the battery out sometimes hard reset..everything

any suggestions on where to start
Old 08-28-2008, 01:18 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickgies View Post
VERY NEW HERE....i am trying to cook and create my own roms...i just bought a 6800 off of ebay and upgraded to alltel's newest rom...RUU_TITAN_ALLTEL_WWE_3.35.671.9_RS_TITAN_03. 37.20_Alltel_2.01_AM_PPST_Ship
which from what i understand updated my radio to 3.35
after this i updated to a build--forgot the build
got home didnt like a few things went to change the build, now my phone is locking up every 30 secs or so and than i have to do a restart sometimes take the battery out sometimes hard reset..everything

any suggestions on where to start
First I'd just make sure the radio upgraded, to check your radio version:
Easiest way to do this is look for R when you reboot the phone, the number right after is your version

It could also be that your not running an unlocked bootloader...
Press Camera + Power + Reset to enter bootloader, does it say 2.40 or 2.47?
If not, then you need to install 2.40 Olipro or 2.47 NueSPL
Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch-HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

patrickgies is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to patrickgies Send a message via MSN to patrickgies Send a message via Yahoo to patrickgies

ok, it seems to be working better now...but i have nothing on my phone for apps wise...do you think that it might have been bad apps, conflicting roms or what.

i believe i have everyhting set up correctly-
rom build ok damnit i forgot the build again...on my other computer titan 6.0 or something

but the radio is 3.35

Now, once i loaded my rom, do i have to do anything special..like lock it or anything

i always no matter what..take the battery out for a minute and do the hard reset
most of the time though it hangs up on the second screen for like ever
Old 08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickgies View Post
Now, once i loaded my rom, do i have to do anything special..like lock it or anything

i always no matter what..take the battery out for a minute and do the hard reset
most of the time though it hangs up on the second screen for like ever
Nope nothing special, just make sure your using one of the bootloaders i mentioned in my prev post
I flash via SD Card, it seems like it takes longer for the first boot, than the actual flash time
(could just be my misconception of time)
Old 08-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Yeah the first boot takes a while. The first time I flashed I thought it was stuck on that screen.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Lurker

Jackal is a n00b

I am a newbie to the site, but i love the things you guys are doing. Been flashing for a few days, have a few issues. For one question i have? everyone seems to be flashing via SD card but dont you all have a micro card? My pc doesnt have a micro card reader? do you guys have and adapter which turns it into a regular size SD? I have the ppc6800.
The other issue i have is with the Prime Contacts from one of the mods.. Forget which one, but its on the updates in BuildOs. Everything works fine, but when i hit the Big Green call button for a contact it does nothing. Its suppose to send it to dial but the button does nothing. ? Any ideas
Thanks
JACKAL
Old 08-30-2008, 09:40 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
do you guys have and adapter which turns it into a regular size SD?
not familiar with prime contacts, but yes i have a card reader built in and use an adaptor. either that or u can xfer data to the card via mass storage or activesync
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development