PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 01:32 PM
calash

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

I was having this problem, but I played around with the Settings/System/Key Lock settings, changing it first to Do not lock buttons, then back to Lock all buttons except Power button. Seems to be better since I did that.

Been running around in areas with low service all day...not sure if that has anything to do with the problem.

Edit: Cooked Verizon rom with S2U running.

Edit 2: Scratch that....took a while but it locked up again

Last edited by calash; 09-17-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
at this point it sounds like it coming from both... I'll wait till No2chem addresses this with a fix...

3pre3 should'nt be too far away lol!! woohoo!
Yep, having the sleep of death as well. Happened to me twice, both times I left Skyfire open. Have it sleeping again (no Skyfire open), will see if that has any effect.

EDIT:
indagroove started a new thread in the Titan upgrading forum for nueROM3 pre2.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37574

EDIT 2: Nope, skyfire had nothing to do with it (as most of you already knew). Back to pre1 for now I guess....

Last edited by joojoobee666; 09-17-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Yep, having the sleep of death as well. Happened to me twice, both times I left Skyfire open. Have it sleeping again (no Skyfire open), will see if that has any effect.

EDIT:
indagroove started a new thread in the Titan upgrading forum for nueROM3 pre2.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37574

EDIT 2: Nope, skyfire had nothing to do with it (as most of you already knew). Back to pre1 for now I guess....
I have tried all sorts of stuff to see if it would fix it....I also had Skyfire running and it was still doing it....mine is doing it every time it goes to sleep...I am sure as Naut said that NO2Chem will have it fixed soon....
Old 09-17-2008, 02:35 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

w
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
I have tried all sorts of stuff to see if it would fix it....I also had Skyfire running and it was still doing it....mine is doing it every time it goes to sleep...I am sure as Naut said that NO2Chem will have it fixed soon....
Hey flyers, did you try disabling the "Turn off device if not used" option? I'm going to turn mine off but leave the backlight set to off in 1 minute, see what happens, if that works, I'll wait before I cook another pre1.

NM, screen still days on, just dims....maybe I'll just leave that as long as NO2Chem will have a fix by this evening.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 09-17-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
at this point it sounds like it coming from both... I'll wait till No2chem addresses this with a fix...

3pre3 should'nt be too far away lol!! woohoo!

strange I'm not getting locks yet!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:39 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
w

Hey flyers, did you try disabling the "Turn off device if not used" option? I'm going to turn mine off but leave the backlight set to off in 1 minute, see what happens, if that works, I'll wait before I cook another pre1.

NM, screen still days on, just dims....maybe I'll just leave that as long as NO2Chem will have a fix by this evening.

yea tried that to....no luck...I think I played with every setting I could...lol
Old 09-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone know what the disable pagepool is really doing? It seems to me that would mean setting it to 0 or something? but when you select this option there is severely LESS avail memory on boot.. chops off like 8-10mb leaving around 20mb free after boot!

Anyone care to explain this option?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:42 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
yea tried that to....no luck...I think I played with every setting I could...lol
Baaah, I'll take your word for it.....

Any official word from the man himself?
Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

zadok is a n00b

Help--

-- No problem with sleep freezes, yet.

However, I'm stuck on a bluetooth Microsoft Voice Command issue.

First, I installed via my licensed copy of MSVC 1.6 -- latest build.

I can't seem to get the button on my Plantronics 855 to activate the audio gateway to initiate a call or other command.

On 3pre1, I was able to get the MSVC bluetooth working just fine by using the Apache fix cab, and the replacement file, minus the cpl file.

If I hit the "record button" ( the one that is the second one down under the thumb wheel ), then I get the headset audiogateway signal, with the mic icon in the top bar on the device -- then I can talk and give commands.

I've tried the MSVC replacement files, and other tweaks - no joy.

Anyone had this issue?
OS ROM: nueROM3 pre3

Last edited by zadok; 09-17-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
You know, so far, I've been putting my phone to sleep with the power button and not having any SOD issues. Did you try that? If I let sleep by itself, it locks EVERY time after like 10 mins.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development