PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 01:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Reliance

shubhanyu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

Ok, Mikee, I will have daddy flash my ROM for me. Will that change the issue to non-existent? What are you trying to say, Mikee? How do you define testing? What are you trying to tell me here - does "No2chem released this for prople who donate to play around with and test." mean I run into a bug and not tell about it? What is the way you define test? For me, test is that if you get a problem, give your feedback. Have I done something different?

Not being able to see the second line of the message IS a problem in this ROM. Other people too have noticed this, and I have just chimed in. I am not saying anything else than this. I have just TOLD about the problem being there - why does that bother you? Why start a slander here, for no purpose? Just since I posted a problem with the ROM? How does the alpha status of the ROM prevent this bug from existing in the scheduled public build if nobody who notices it tells about it?

If this is way beta and for testing, how should I test? Should I just look at it? I USED it, TESTED it, and that is when and why I faced the problem with messaging. Why are you people creating so much fuss over a problem which I have faced and told? Remove me from forum membership if I have not the right to discuss any problems with the community. The membership is no use if I can not voice my opinion.

I have not slighted NO2 in any way, nor have I slighted his work, nor the ROM itself. I have just told a problem that I have faced with the ROM. I suppose NO2 has released the ROM to testing so that those who try it out tell him about problems they face so that he can make the ROM better.

For all this, I just fail to comprehend what exactly is wrong in my telling about the bug that people here are hitting at me like that.

Notice that i have not slandered at all. Because English can do without slander, and one's viewpoint may as effectively be conveyed without slander as with it.

Last edited by shubhanyu; 09-08-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhanyu View Post
Ok, Mikee, I will have daddy flash my ROM for me. Will that change the issue to non-existent? What are you trying to say, Mikee? How do you define testing? What are you trying to tell me here - does "No2chem released this for prople who donate to play around with and test." mean I run into a bug and not tell about it? What is the way you define test? For me, test is that if you get a problem, give your feedback. Have I done something different?

Not being able to see the second line of the message IS a problem in this ROM. And I am not saying anything else than this. I have just TOLD about the problem being there - why does that bother you? Why start a slander here, for no purpose? Just since I posted a problem with the ROM? How does the alpha status of the ROM prevent this bug from existing in the scheduled public build if nobody who notices it tells about it?

If this is way beta and for testing, how should I test? Should I just look at it? I USED it, TESTED it, and that is when and why I faced the problem with messaging. Why are you people creating so much fuss over a problem which I have faced and told? Remove me from forum membership if I have not the right to discuss any problems with the community.

I have not slighted NO2 in any way, nor have I slighted his work, nor the ROM itself. I have just told a problem that I have faced with the ROM. I suppose NO2 has released the ROM to testing so that those who try it out tell him about problems they face so that he can make the ROM better.

For all this, I just fail to comprehend what exactly is wrong in my telling about the bug that people here are hitting at me like that.

Notice that i have not slandered at all. Because English can do without slander, and one's viewpoint may as effectively be conveyed without slander as with it.
shubhanyu, if you meant your post as reporting a bug then my apologies, but it sure looked like you criticizing no2chem rather than just stating a bug issue

For example if you had a bug issue with no2chems very alpha/beta rom in your case I would have typed something of this: Hey no2chem, one issue I found with your beta is that I cannot see my second line when I use messaging.

Your quote, "The BIGGEST problem with this ROM is that NO2 has completely ignored the functionality of messaging" That just comes off in a bad way to me.

Just my thoughts,

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 09-08-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhanyu View Post
The BIGGEST problem with this ROM is that NO2 has completely ignored the functionality of messaging. In portrait mode as well as landscape, I am not able to read in full what I am typing. NO2 looks at adding functionalities, and sometimes becomes victim of what is true to all forms of coding - 10 bugs in the code, try to fix one, 99 more bugs in the code ...

This is the only reason that made me shift back. Other than that, the ROM holds immense potential, and under the hands of NO2, the baby will learn good manners in quick time ...

Hope NO2 fixes that messaging bug - in portrait, as well as in landscape, you can not see the whole message you are typing as you can with all other ROMs.
This is a weird WM bug that everyone has had an issue with for a long time. For some reason, it pops up more often on some builds more than others. There is a fix that involves raising the bar up 10 px so when it does happen it ends up being normal size, otherwise, tap the SIP button will resolve the issue.

My best guess is that Microsoft isn't using its own implementation of SHInitDialog/SHCreateMenu, and is using their own version - and its hardcoded for vga for whatever reason. Regardless, I will see if there is a fix for this...
Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tangix2001 is a n00b

There is a proper place to post bug reports and issues with the preview roms if no2chem is unaware of them. The problem is that it's not usually used or actively followed (in comparison with this thread).

Our frustration with any new release can lead us to believe that no2chem is intentionally ignoring what we believe to be pressing issues (camera, text, nueNoBar, etc.) Similarly, our enthusiasm for no2chem's work often produces curt or dismissing responses to any perceived negativity (whether it be content or tone).

It's hard enough to convey our ideas respectfully over a medium like this without having them misperceived. If we read carefully and respond thoughtfully, it will be easier to avoid the emotional bull**** that makes this thread so difficult to follow for newcomers and veterans alike.

In summary, chill out everybody. It's International Literacy Day. Let us celebrate by exercising our literacy in a respectful manner.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
N00b

shubhanyu is a n00b

I can understand, that people are suddenly throwing tomatoes at me since they are misreading my statement, or rather my statement is radiating something else to them.

I told "ignored" just because this thing is something which I faced from the word go, meaning, I sent my first message and I became aware. I just thought that NO2 may not have tested messaging at all .... but I must admit, that the way we can move the keyboard around the screen, this really is a gem of a feature ... can help in lots of situations.

No hard feelings, I didn't start a fight by slandering myself for i knew that somewhere I was being misinterpreted..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
shubhanyu, if you meant your post as reporting a but then my apologies, but it sure looked like you criticizing no2chem rather than just stating a bug issue

For example if you had a bug issue with no2chems very alpha/beta rom in your case I would have typed something of this: Hey no2chem, one issue I found with your beta is that I cannot see my second line when I use messaging.

Your quote, "The BIGGEST problem with this ROM is that NO2 has completely ignored the functionality of messaging" That just comes off in a bad way to me.

Just my thoughts,

Mikee
Old 09-08-2008, 02:15 PM
N00b

shubhanyu is a n00b

Tangix ... you are correct - these are just words we are using here - and everybody reads in their own way. It would not have been the case if it were spoken conversation. Anyway, am happy that finally I got properly understood..

My use of the word 'ignored' was just since I thought that he has not messaged anybody from this ROM since it would have been evident right off ...

Anyway, happy International Literacy Day to everybody! What timing!
Old 09-08-2008, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Reply All Poutlook Fix

So if you are getting the reply all by default soft button instead of reply here is the fix.

Use memaid http://www.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/ or you can use dotFred Task Manager http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm and disable OutlookEnhancement

No more reply all soft key.

Thank god! =)
Old 09-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

The problem I am having with messaging is that when I get a text and hit reply, it no longer places the cursor in the text box for me to type. It highlights the message. So instead of just popping the keyboard open, I have to move the cursor down. Also, it seems to like marking messages I sent as unread.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM
c0w
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

c0w is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to c0w

whenever i get a text message and open to reply, unless i scroll up to select the message it's still viewed as unread... do you guys get this too?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigray327 is keeping up the good workbigray327 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0w View Post
whenever i get a text message and open to reply, unless i scroll up to select the message it's still viewed as unread... do you guys get this too?
Yes...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development