PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

mikee how are you able to get 15mb pp? pagepoolchanger.exe doesn't work and the one in ppckitchen doesn't actually change the pp... you hit save but it doesn't actually change it from what I can see.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tangix2001 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
What if I installed the CAB (assuming that works) and then uninstalled it? Perhaps that isn't a very clean way to do it, but it may work?

I simply don't have the time (or need for that matter) to use the kitchen, and I'd hate to have to start just because of this issue.
Installing and removing nueNoBar on 3pre1 will not recover the bottom bar. A couple of people have already complained about the pre-cooked preview rom activating nueNoBar by default. An easier method to activate or deactivate the bottom bar will likely appear when we move on from these preview builds, but there doesn't seem to be any workaround with the pre-cooked roms.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Reliance

shubhanyu is a n00b

The BIGGEST problem with this ROM is that NO2 has completely ignored the functionality of messaging. In portrait mode as well as landscape, I am not able to read in full what I am typing. NO2 looks at adding functionalities, and sometimes becomes victim of what is true to all forms of coding - 10 bugs in the code, try to fix one, 99 more bugs in the code ...

This is the only reason that made me shift back. Other than that, the ROM holds immense potential, and under the hands of NO2, the baby will learn good manners in quick time ...

Hope NO2 fixes that messaging bug - in portrait, as well as in landscape, you can not see the whole message you are typing as you can with all other ROMs.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhanyu View Post
The BIGGEST problem with this ROM is that NO2 has completely ignored the functionality of messaging. <snip> NO2 looks at adding functionalities, and sometimes becomes victim of what is true to all forms of coding - 10 bugs in the code, try to fix one, 99 more bugs in the code ...

No offense, but I can't help but to just "laugh" at comments like this... Do you have ANY idea how INCREDIBLY ALPHA (pre-beta) this release even is? Gimme a break dude. Don't judge. Sounds like you need to stick to more mainstream releases like dcd if you want everything to work perfectly. Otherwise, check out the new developments and move on if it doesn't fit your current expectations and/or change your tone when "reporting bugs."

Last edited by Zenoran; 09-08-2008 at 11:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
The BIGGEST problem with this ROM is that NO2 has completely ignored the functionality of messaging. In portrait mode as well as landscape, I am not able to read in full what I am typing. NO2 looks at adding functionalities, and sometimes becomes victim of what is true to all forms of coding - 10 bugs in the code, try to fix one, 99 more bugs in the code ...

This is the only reason that made me shift back. Other than that, the ROM holds immense potential, and under the hands of NO2, the baby will learn good manners in quick time ...

Hope NO2 fixes that messaging bug - in portrait, as well as in landscape, you can not see the whole message you are typing as you can with all other ROMs.
Grab the gray bar atop of the onscreen keyboard and drag it out of the way for now.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Morning all,

I am running pre-1 and with a fully loaded device, including SPB Mobile, I have 20 meg free RAM. This is amazing and No2 is doing a fantastic job. I have not had many issues but will begin to give my 6800 a thorough workout. I am excited to try and run iGo8 on this now.

Steve
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Reliance

shubhanyu is a n00b

Zenoran, your break is hereby granted to you! Good to know I made someone laugh.

I am not denying the alpha nature of the build. I haven't told anything wrong there - if it had come to his knowledge, I do not think he would have let it stay there - and I am not stating it as a blemish on NO2... It is just a comment and feedback reported in my own tone. Indeed, I have shifted back, like I mentioned. And I also mentioned that this alone made me shift, rest everything is great in the ROM. The comment is just to make the bug known, that is it - not to downplay his work - I have donated to obtain the copy, and if my intention was to downplay his tremendous efforts, I would have just 'laughed' at other people's comments, rather than donate specifically to try out the great stuff.

Joojoobee666, I tried shifting the location of the keyboard, but not only did it mess up the keyboard keys (of which I could not find a way to fix) but it did not solve the problem either. Can't see beyond the first line of the typed message, even if the scroll bars are there - they scroll, but the text doesn't show up as expected.

Last edited by shubhanyu; 09-08-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

pfft, and i only use the stylus to write! Imagine how I feel not being able to see past the first line! :P

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:

Do you realize this is way beta and is for testing. No2chem released this for prople who donate to play around with and test. He did not release it to the public because it is no way a nueROM 3.0 final build. You have a choice to use what ever rom you like. I suggest you go back to the playground and have daddy flash your device to something else. Stop winning and deal with it!

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
mikee how are you able to get 15mb pp? pagepoolchanger.exe doesn't work and the one in ppckitchen doesn't actually change the pp... you hit save but it doesn't actually change it from what I can see.
Page Pool changing does work in the kitchen. I can say that with 100% confidence. I played around going all the way up to a 16MB page pool and down to an 8MB page pool and I clearly saw the difference in available ram. There is another page pool changer out there put out by kypher over at xda. I think it will work on the nbf. I just have to find it. When I do I will post it for all, if it works. =)

I found kypher's pp tool and it did not work. Oh well. So for now change the pp in the kitchen.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 09-08-2008 at 02:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development