PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I know this is blasphemy, but does anyone else ever feel like the only thing we're really gaining from chasing the latest WM builds is new bugs?

I just loaded up the stock bootloader/ROM for a warranty issue, and it is kind of refreshing to have everything working normally. Scrolling through lists is fast, there are no Today screen issues (dcinobar, disappearing Start Bar, etc), RAM at first boot is decent at about 24MB, and the list continues. To be clear, I'm not talking about any minor glitches that may have been introduced by no2chem or any of his nueTools (which are amazingly useful). I'm talking about system wide issues that seem to affect any ROM built off some of the latest Diamond/Pro WM builds, be they from a DCD ROM/kitchen, a PPCKitchen.org kitchen, or whatever. Sometimes it seems like we'd be better off sticking with an older build until something trully worthwhile or useful presents itself in a later build. Then our master chefs could focus on a stationary target, versus simply tracking down bugs that the latest build of Windows Mobile introduced.

Ah, maybe I'm just grumpy because I got up too early this morning. Need more coffee...
Its funny you stated this.....because I think I lost a bit of flashing frenzy....I got tired of the bugs also....although I love NO2Chems apps....So low and behold I flashed DCD 3.23..along with some NO2Chem apps.....and installed Throttle Launcher and I am happy as can be with the stability and no bugs right now...and I love TL....I have wanted to flash but have held off because of all the bugs....even when DCD put out a new version 2 days ago...I held off and luckily I did because of the GPS....I just think I lost the flashing craze.....no disrespect to any of the cooks...I think I just finally have a phone that is stable.....but I am sure when NO2Chem finishes his build I will be flashing again....so maybe I am just full of S**T.....

BTW just had surgery on my foot yesterday morning and am all Vic'd up so I may not be making any sense at all....lol

You know come to think of it....I have to edit this....I am gonna be sitting on my butt not being able to walk.....so I am sure I will playing again.....so I was talkin sh**.....I will probably regret it though because this is the most happy I have been with my phone i quite sometime.....ok enough with my ranting....lol

Last edited by flyers2114; 07-30-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Lolol

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
You know come to think of it....I have to edit this....I am gonna be sitting on my butt not being able to walk.....so I am sure I will playing again.....so I was talkin sh**.....I will probably regret it though because this is the most happy I have been with my phone i quite sometime.....ok enough with my ranting....lol

while you're at it change your sig to include a REAL football team. Here's a link for ya:

Last edited by Zenoran; 07-30-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
while you're at it change your sig to include a REAL football team. Here's a link for ya:

Thats cold...
Old 07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Thats cold...
nothin' but <3
Old 07-30-2008, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

bkaz is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I know this is blasphemy, but does anyone else ever feel like the only thing we're really gaining from chasing the latest WM builds is new bugs?
I agree. After WM6.1 and GPS, the only feature i really like is no2chem's hardware switch. I check back here periodically to see if the bugs have been worked out because I really want to try the switch.

If I had more time and could deal with more bugs I'd flash every time, but I won't be flashing unless there is a really great new feature - I don't see any on the horizon. 3D drivers or Android are the next big things, but I don't know if anyone will have them working before the raphael hits the US.

No2chem has done a great job so far. It's too bad that MS has so many buggy builds out there slowing him down.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Saw something interesting over at lakeridgesoftware's forum (the Wisbar Advance guys). One user appears to have narrowed down the Today screen issues in new Diamond/Pro builds to shell32.exe. Replacing that with a version from an older build (19208 from the official Sprint 3.56, for example) resolved all those issues. Makes you wonder if the new builds were designed with that behavior in mind to play nice with TF3D.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

These are the precise reasons i've been using nuerom 2.1 build 5060 for the past five months
Old 07-30-2008, 06:32 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post

My computer will crash if I use this....lol
Old 07-30-2008, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

paravis is just getting started

Quote:

I'd have to agree with you there. IMO, I think the main reason we do this, is due to the lack of RAM in the Titan. Especially lately given that the increasingly popular programs like SPB Mobile Shell, and Opera Mobile, 2 stellar applications for the touch-hungry, need a lot of RAM. Especially the new Opera Mobile betas.

Of course, I'm probably just channeling my own frustrations atm heh.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development