PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 02:58 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
Well, when i was running 5065 for like ever, i didn't have as much drain as this... but i am also using the built in outlook for 2 imap emails instead of flex mail for like 8 imaps lol

the other thing i've noticed is that when it connects to the inet, it never d/c the inet, it leaves it running. i'm gonna have to edit the registry to have it time out. with flexmail installed i never had that problem, even when running it as "push mail."
what radio are you running? I think this might be a radio/evdo thing.., but I use the old sms-trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
BTW this might not be the appropriate place to ask but, could you guys recommend some software that can access my PIM backup files? I need to pull some txt msgs out of that file since the phone will no longer restore it hahaha its like 300 txt's to/from 1 person

TIA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotfred;dotfred.net/default.htm
File types:
There is only one file type now, which is .pib (Personal Information Backup), in fact it is just a zip file (so you can open it with a zip application) which contain the different text files used in PPCBckpContacts, so you can still extract these files, edit them on a pc using Excel or Notepad and eventually restore them without putting them back in the .pib file.
edit2; this works better if it's not a binary backup.

edit; I forgot to "plug" Dashwire.

Last edited by shaggylive; 08-01-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:12 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
Windows Key !!! Where's the WINDOWS KEY !!!!
Get used to it - there's no Windows key on the Diamond or Touch Pro either.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

i'm running the same radio as i did with 5065 which is 3.35.04. so i don't know :P

and whats the sms-trigger?

oh and i can't really use the PIB files in excel or notepad (editplus) because it's mostly garbage. arrrg any more suggestions? :P

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
what radio are you running? I think this might be a radio/evdo thing.., but I use the old sms-trigger

edit2; this works better if it's not a binary backup.

edit; I forgot to "plug" Dashwire.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i've been pretty busy lately, but it looks like it's been a good time to be away from this site....i finally found a place(Wallgreens, not Shell) that sells the gas cards i've been meaning to send to u n2c....they should be in the mail this weekend. i got prev7 from kevan's mirror, but i never flashed it...again, too busy.

the only thing i've done with my phone in the last couple of weeks is try to install a Diamond style dialer to match the diamond comm manager in prev5....none of the ones i've tried have worked though....if anyone has been able to do this, please reply and let me know how....maybe n2c will bless us fat fingered people with one in the next release....i don't use the dialer much, but it sucks(thank god for pocketcm)....and i'm quazi anal with matching, with the new comm manager, i want the dialer/calc/WMP to match...
Old 08-02-2008, 12:11 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Yerp... do you really use all the dialer/calc/WMP enough to care?

I use the dialer... but I never use the calc or WMP... I don't need a calc on my phone and I use PocketMusic instead of WMP since its ten billion times better and more efficient.

Anyway, PM NexVision and see if he'll give you a cab of his Diamond dialer... should work fine.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Yerp... do you really use all the dialer/calc/WMP enough to care?

I use the dialer... but I never use the calc or WMP... I don't need a calc on my phone and I use PocketMusic instead of WMP since its ten billion times better and more efficient.

Anyway, PM NexVision and see if he'll give you a cab of his Diamond dialer... should work fine.
i don't ever use WMP, but dialer/calc yes.....does nextvision's dialer maintain the data arrow functionality?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:07 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

I honestly don't remember. I gave up on the data arrows a long time ago... but I think they *did* work on his Manila build and did *not* work on the UL build.

Feel free to smack me if I'm wrong though. I'm a bleeding edge kinda guy... but after flashing to JD's test ROM today, I'm thinking I'm going to stick to it til no2chem finalizes his new ROM. Fastest ROM I've ever used by *FAR* and I'm not even joking.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

jyoungidy is a n00b

Is there any simple way to copy files from the extended ROM on a phone that has a stock ROM on it??? I'm trying to convert my phone to another carrier, but need the files from that carrier's extended rom to do so...I was going to try to get them off of that carriers demo phone...I don't want to mess up their demo phone. If anyone can help, that would be great! Thanks...
Old 08-02-2008, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

flash that carrier's extended rom. if you are not sure how to get just the extrom, let me know what carrier, I could get it for you
Old 08-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

jyoungidy is a n00b

Pioneer Cellular...It used to be Enid Cellular...Pretty small company, it's a rural carrier for Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development