PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
nueSPL Relocker 2.07

nueSPL ReLocker 2.07 is designed to make relocking your SPL much, much easier. Although ImCokeMan created the first relocker for the Titan, this relocker no longer requires activesync, and should reduce problems for vista users. It can even be used by users with MacOS or Linux. You must have a microSD card (included with the phone) to use this method.

This ReLocker is for use with GPS ROMS only. DO NOT USE THIS RELOCKER WITH A NON GPS RADIO.

Hopefully, this reduces the number of devices returned to your carrier with hardSPL on it. I myself was given a refurbished device with "Olipro-2.40" on it. Please remember to relock your device BEFORE returning it to your carrier.

To use, you need to copy the relocker to your device and run it. It is intended to be run from the device, not the computer. Please see the included PDF instructions for complete details, and be sure to READ them before running the update.

Thanks to the testers - colonel00, astainhellbring and lennysh for helping test and diagnose problems. Thanks to cmonex and olipro for advice and direction, and thanks to ImCokeMan for the original ReLocker 1.0 concept. Thanks to pof for JumpSPL.

Find the relocker here:
http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...HTC-Titan.aspx

Last edited by no2chem; 08-08-2008 at 03:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 34 times.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
Re: nueSPL Relocker 2.07

HTTP mirror of the relocker:

http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/nueSPL-Relocker.rar

Kevan
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

This relocker does not change the fact that downgrading from a gps rom to a non gps rom is very dangerous and could brick your phone.

Use the re-locker only if your carrier has a stock gps rom to flash to before sending it in.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Thanks for this, I'm probably going to need to take my phone in soon for the white spot and keyboard issues so this will be useful.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO & EPIC

asenduk is keeping up the good workasenduk is keeping up the good work

might some dumb, but whats the difference between this and 2.47
Old 06-29-2008, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

I've got Olipro on mine right now, after I use the nueSPL, then use this relocker, will it take it back to Olipro or the carrier locker?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
I've got Olipro on mine right now, after I use the nueSPL, then use this relocker, will it take it back to Olipro or the carrier locker?
Based on the first post, i think it puts the official 2.07 bootloader...
Someone correct me if im wr0ng, but this is the first relatively 'safe' relock method avail for GPS ROMs !!!
To Clarify: This means you could relock to 2.07 bootloader and install an official rom like 3.35 and have a FACTORY bootloader and ROM
and what i meant by relatively 'safe' is that this can now be done without downgrading the radio

again, Someone correct me if im wr0ng !!! if i'm right, no2chem you rock

Last edited by puff; 06-29-2008 at 02:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

azclown is keeping up the good workazclown is keeping up the good work

So what does it put back on for a verizon user? I believe my stock bootloader was like 1.04? My stock ROM was 2.09 with radio 1.30.... Last time I relocked to return a phone I think the relocker put 1.06 back on... can't remember tho....
Old 06-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
Based on the first post, i think it puts the official 2.07 bootloader...
Someone correct me if im wr0ng, but this is the first relatively 'safe' relock method avail for GPS ROMs !!!
To Clarify: This means you could relock to 2.07 bootloader and install an official rom like 3.35 and have a FACTORY bootloader and ROM
and what i meant by relatively 'safe' is that this can now be done without downgrading the radio

again, Someone correct me if im wr0ng !!! if i'm right, no2chem you rock

that is correct. don't try this on a non-GPS rom. I will add a version check preventing this from being flashed against 1.XX SPLS.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:15 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by azclown View Post
So what does it put back on for a verizon user? I believe my stock bootloader was like 1.04? My stock ROM was 2.09 with radio 1.30.... Last time I relocked to return a phone I think the relocker put 1.06 back on... can't remember tho....
First, i'd like to point out that bootloaders are NOT carrier specific...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
This ReLocker is for use with GPS ROMS only. DO NOT USE THIS RELOCKER WITH A NON GPS RADIO.
second, If your radio isn't 3.XX then DO NOT USE THIS !!!!

*edit* To further elaborate: If your carrier has a stock GPS enabled ROM then you can now revert to Stock (GPS) Rom thanks to no2chem, however if your carrier doesnt have stock GPS enabled ROM, then this process will not work and could very well brick your phone. Say you want to take your Sprint phone in to the store for exchange/repair, you can run this to downgrade your SPL back to 2.07, then flash 3.35 and you have a Stock GPS capable Sprint Mogul !!! Now since verizon doesn't have a Stock GPS (at least not that i know of) this process will no work, so please dont try it - Thanks. Note: An SPL version check will be added, but my understanding is that no2 didnt include it with this beta release, so you could run this on a non-GPS radio (1.XX Radio) and bootloader (1.XX bootloader) and really cause some issues, so again - DONT DO IT !!!

Last edited by puff; 06-29-2008 at 05:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development