PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800 USCC
Carrier: uscc

BenStoked is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

I am unsure how to do that, since I am a noob at this... it won't sync, and I cant do anything on the phone. suggestions on how to get the spl up to what I need? or how to revert to stock? Idk anything about this stuff, and thought I had read enough about it to do it.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S.Cellular

chaser74 is keeping up the good workchaser74 is keeping up the good work

try doing a hard reset so the phone will turn on all they way once that is done do step 4 again. this can be annoying to get it to work correctly but i did find that you will want run the Run Hard-SPL-MFG.exe again. even though you have already unzipped it and ran it once it seems to work best when unzipped and run each time you use it.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Lurker

BenStoked is a n00b

which one is the hard reset? I have tried both softkeys(above the windows key and ok)+reset(located belowthe sd card slot, beside the usb port?) which asks me
Quote:
Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacture default?
YES = QWERTY <R> KEY
NO = QWERTY <X> KEY
hitting either key takes me back to the tri-color screen as before
the other reset I have seen posted is power+camera+reset, which takes me only to the tri-color screen.

activeSync wont see the device, and running Hard-SPL-MFG.exe just gives me a dialogue box
Quote:
No Device Connected

Would you like to try coppying again?

[Yes][No][Cancel]
I tried copying the Hard_MFG_SPL_2.40_RUU_signed.nbh file and renaming it to TITAIMG.nbh to flash via SD card, but that just sat there with a "Loading..." screen for almost half an hour.
what do I try next?

EDIT!!!!::: After numerous attempts, and reset attempts, I stumbled across the proper reset sequnece, or something... so I got my phone back. I am trying it again, and am now stuck at step 4 again. when I run the Hard-spl-mfg.exe, the Rom update utility (<I just figured out what RUU meant... JEZE! I am slow sometimes), right before it gets to work, it says I should have an ActiveSync connection going. do I ignore it, and continue? or do I need to do something different. the phone at the moment has the proper SPL (2.40.Olipro) this time!!!

Last edited by BenStoked; 11-20-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Lurker

BROB is a n00b

WHAT IS THE EPST SECURITY CODE? I tried 000000 but it isn't working, I loaded the Sprint 6.1 update and let the customizations run, well you guessed it, my data connections are all messed up. I can't hit the # key it won't work.... Can someone please help!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Lurker

BenStoked is a n00b

so I got the phone flashed, and working alright. I have the bellsouth crap everywhere, and I cannot get the suggestions in this thread to work for me, yet. I am gonna re-flash again, and see if I can get that fixed with some of the things I haven't tried (the registry editing) fixed.
any suggestions on getting the ##code stuff working, again? it isn't working for me, yet.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S.Cellular

chaser74 is keeping up the good workchaser74 is keeping up the good work

you will need to use qpst to change the bell south banner. this is the only way to fix it and not have it revert when you do a hard reset.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor

This is my preferred method for flashing the phone for USCC, I think this should actually replace the original posting as it's more accurate and up to date. And so far has never failed after flashing 10+ phones.

The very first thing you should do is download QPST and use it to read the programming off of your phone.

To get your MSL/SPC do a google search for BAFMSL, make sure you have .net 3.5 installed on your phone and it will give you your MSL/SPC. I believe this works on all carriers, where GetSPC only works on Sprint and a few other carriers. If you can't get this to work, there is a registry hack that will create a temp file that shows your SPC as well. It's just more complicated.

You will need this to read your phone's programming with QPST and save the information to a file. (You will need this later, do not skip this step).

Next, I recommend using the SPL2.47 bootloader as it can be done from the phone and doesn't require activesync (to me it's easier, faster, and safer). And also recommended as it supposedly makes the phone faster and more stable.

Once this is put on to the phone, then use any radio newer than 3.27.x, I personally use the latest from DCD. Once this is done, then download DCD 3.1.2 rom (this will be replaced later, just need it to run QPST again).

I do all of my flashing from the bootloader screen, as it's faster and easier to get to. You need a 2gb or smaller MicroSD card and SPL2.47 will format it for you to the correct format.

Once 3.1.2 is on the phone, rerun QPST and write your programming back to the phone (You did save it after reading it, right)

Reboot the phone.

It will come up and say Cell South (This is fine, dial *22 and let it do a PRL update, it will also fix your carrier banner.

Once you are this far, you can then flash any rom you want, DCD, No2Chem, Scrosslers, Etc.

If you guys want to use this as the original post, I will go in and put in more details, etc with links. Just don't want to do all this if it's just going to be overlooked.

BTC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC6800

xljaylx is a n00b

Hey BillThyCat,
Thanks for the updated instructions but I have already bricked one phone and finally found another one to buy at a reasonable price. I did't want to try it on my own any more.

Since you have done 10 phones already I have read here in the forums that the rom/everything is backed up using spb backup - Can you make a backup of one of those phones less the EPST info and MIP settings. I can plug those in myself after the restore. Please let me know if you can email it or post it online.

Does anyone have a backup of the new GPS working phone.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:29 PM
outback

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

There's no way you could have bricked a phone using the instructions if you followed them correctly.
What makes you think it is bricked?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC6800

xljaylx is a n00b

First of all I was never able to create a rom using ppc kitchen. It always crashed. then when I went to upgrade a rom initally I always got a communication error like 262 or something different everytime. I did a few resets (power + camera button + soft reset) and got the red blue and green screen. I was never able to get it up after that. I did however read that others were able to get it up again but i tried a few of those things and nothing worked. Somehow I always feel it happens to me.

I did follow the instructions per dot but I dont know something didnt work out for me. thats why I dont want to try it again and was wondering if anyone can help me out with a backup of their phone. Could that work?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development