PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: My Mogul keeps calling people!!

S2U2 is off the chain, i dont understand why some people say THERE NEVER gonna put it because they'd rather have their quick access, but maybe they dont realize that sliding ur finger from left to right doesn't take all that long...
Old 04-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bbawkon is a n00b

I too am beginning to agree about the data connection. it seems that if for any reason the data connection is lost, my phone wakes up. But then, sometimes it doesn't - it just doesn't reconnect until I wake it. Strange..

In any case, this is certianlly not something that can't be overcome in Windows Mobile. My Wing and MDA both ran WM5/6, and they could drop and reconnect the data connection without waking up - no problem at all..

As for why I don't want to install S2U2, here are my reasons:
1) The Mogul is already short on RAM. I ran S2U2 for only a few hours, and noticed that my average free ram dropped by about 2MB. When you only have in the range of 20 available, 2 is a significant amount.
2) My Mogul seemed less 'zippy' with S2U2 installed.. Ram may have played a part or perhapps it uses a few MIPS in the background
3) After installing S2U2, in only those few hours, I had one occasion where the phone wouldn't wake up - at all.. power button, nothing.. Couldn't even power it off by holding the power button.. ended up soft resetting.
4) Why should I have to? If I tell the phone to go to sleep, I'm not just joking with it. Go to sleep. Stay that way until I tell you otherwise, you get a phone call, or you get a text message.

Maybe these are foolish reasons to some, but to me, they're not.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and reports - hopefully a solution (a real solution) will be found!

Ben
Old 04-02-2008, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbawkon View Post
As for why I don't want to install S2U2, here are my reasons:

Maybe these are foolish reasons to some, but to me, they're not.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and reports - hopefully a solution (a real solution) will be found!

Ben
Yeah, I had installed S2U2 on my old Apache 6700 simply for the "waking up issue"... To me, there might be other uses for S2U2 but that's really the only reason I installed it. But I kept thinking to myself "there has GOT to be a better solution to this..." When I migrated to the 6800 I've resisted installing S2U2 because of the limited RAM but... I've already made a few random calls while carrying it my holster.... sigh
Old 04-02-2008, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

IronMogul is just getting started

i know terrible i keep calling my gf, i dont want her to hear my doing anything in proper if i ever chose too. I guess its back to S2U2 for me
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

detwilers is becoming a great contributor

Mine doesn't pocket call all that much so not need to use S2U2. The primary issue, Like Ben says, is the thing wakes up all the time. If you ever just sit the thing down and watch it one day it will do is many time. Each time it will then stay on for a predetermined amount of time. If it is in your pocket and you pock constantly activates the touch screen it will restart the time before is automatically goes back to sleep. When I had S2U2 installed it still woke up from time to time. Even though it was locked, for me it is mainly about the battery drain. Who knows how much longer my battery would last if when I turned it off it stayed off (maybe 25% longer? who knows)
Old 04-02-2008, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started

I have the same problem as OP, and I am also running dcd 3.0.1.

My problem isn't that the keys don't lock, since I manually lock the keys using Device Lock on the Today screen every time I turn the phone off. Instead, it turns itself on after two minutes or so, without any user interaction, even while it's sitting flat on the table.

My Mogul doesn't call people on random, at least not while it's on device lock. S2U2 works too, but not very well since New Text Message notifications appear above it, rendering the keylock practically useless since it will dial the number if the green phone button is pressed.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

leetsauce is just getting started

I have the same problem as OP, and I am also running dcd 3.0.1.

My problem isn't that the keys don't lock, since I manually lock the keys using Device Lock on the Today screen every time I turn the phone off. Instead, it turns itself on after two minutes or so, without any user interaction, even while it's sitting flat on the table.

My Mogul doesn't call people on random, at least not while it's on device lock. S2U2 works too, but not very well since New Text Message notifications appear above it, rendering the keylock practically useless since it will dial the number if the green phone button is pressed.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

a_lazy_dude is just getting started

Does anyone know of a locking app that ONLY locks the device when said device wakes itself up on its own (i.e. a notification, connection switch, crappily-written app, or whatever), but DOESN'T lock when the user wakes the device with the power button?

I completely agree with what has been said about S2U2 being a workaround, and not a solution. In my 3 months of owning this phone, I've never once pressed the power button by accident. So I'd hate to constantly be reminded of both windows mobiles' (the wake on notifications) and our phone's (connection switching) shortcomings each time I pick the thing up to use it, by having to slide to unlock or go through any sort of unlock procedure in addition to hitting the power button.

Also, for what it's worth. I consider AEB Plus to be a mission critical app for me, and S2U2 explicitly lists it as incompatible. So really, for me, S2U2 isn't even a viable workaround.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Lurker

aatreya is a n00b

I have this problem too - exactly as you describe.
It's REALLY annoying!

My understanding of it is that when the radio gets some sort of update, like an incoming data packet or a switch to 1x data from EVDO, it sends an interrupt to the main chip to let it know what happened. However, some idiot engineer didn't bother to process these properly to keep the phone off when it happens, so the damn thing turns on randomly. Sprint needs to get their crap together and fix the radio stack, so this doesn't happen all the time.

I've considered writing a program that will immediately turn the phone back off if the user didn't explicitly push the power button, but I'm not sure if this is possible.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Lurker

longveiw is a n00b

My Mogul seems to come out of standby mode every time the battery drops a percent. I never could figure out why I would take my phone out of my holster and it would be on. Then leaving it on a desk for a while I noticed it would come out of standby every time the battery dropped 10%. Not really a solution, but that might help you figure out why your phone is doing that... However, slide to unlock (S2U2) is pretty sexy looking and would definitely solve your problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development